• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It’s a fair criticism quite often, it’s common for bowlers to waste the new ball bowling wide against openers that are happy to leave. But definitely not here. It’s getting overused.
I feel like a better measure would be the number of balls that are in line with the stumps but would have missed because they're too short. Much more useful statistic in conditions like England. An outside off stump line works, a short length doesn't.

Jfry

U19 Debutant
Yeah when the bowling is wicket to wicket it is maybe more relevant. When Jimmy is bowling across Khawaja and decking the ball across with the slope, or Broad is bowling around to Warner it feels a a little irrelevant

Burgey

They’ve got them playing plenty though. I don’t think their lines have been bad but all 3 of them seem to be lacking a bit of nip.
I think apart from Anderson early they might have dialed into being just a fraction short of where they’ve needed to get the edge instead of going past it

CartyDurham

International Captain
Robinson bowling 78mph, should bring the keeper up for the Dibble dobbly (Carty's words for Boland's pace) ;)
Glad you understand. Difference being of course is Anderson is the top seam wicket taker of all time, whereas Boland is merely cannon fodder and the Aussies agree as they dropped him

Uppercut

I think apart from Anderson early they might have dialed into being just a fraction short of where they’ve needed to get the edge instead of going past it
Maybe yeah. Broad’s bowled some good ones. Not at their best but could’ve had a couple of wickets on another day. It’s really Robinson who looks a bit off the pace.

CartyDurham

International Captain
How's the crusades working out for you
Badly. He started it now. It deserves a comeback ie “was England fit for humans”. Now that’s an interesting comment that has connotations if said about other countries

another bloody drop of Warner this time . Pathetic and this is losing the game and that was a dolly

TheJediBrah

omg that is the easiest slips catch you will ever seen dropped

edit: a bit harsh it was travelling and cut the cordon in half. should be caught 19/20 times though