• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They actually played really late there and didn’t chase it. Did well. If you nick one, so be it in those conditions. Being from Yorkshire. Bairstow and Root unsurprisingly both have questions to answer in relation to the dropped catch.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Having the presenters stand makes it look extra awkward when the two who aren't talking have to pretened that they're interested in what one who is is saying and they aren't bored out of their mind.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting views on the dropped catch. To me, that cordon has practiced together, they know Bairstow has limitations so that is Root's catch all day long based on their formation. The issue is Root's depth on a deck has shown no great carry in it

CartyDurham

International Captain
They actually played really late there and didn’t chase it. Did well. If you nick one, so be it in those conditions. Being from Yorkshire. Bairstow and Root unsurprisingly both have questions to answer in relation to the dropped catch.
Said it early Burgey. Dead bat by Khawaja is how to play on a lords pitch on day one. Even his edge was going down and I wanted the slips at least a foot closer

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think could have done worse, but I would beg to differ in that they chased after a few but were lucky enough to dab them into gaps. If they had have edged any of those ones where they hung the bat out it would have looked very bad

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: Just watched Warner's attempted lap sweep, that is the worst shot I think I've ever seen in Test history that didn't result in a dismissal

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think could have done worse, but I would beg to differ in that they chased after a few but were lucky enough to dab them into gaps. If they had have edged any of those ones where they hung the bat out it would have looked very bad
Yeah, they've chased heaps. Luck somewhat on their side