• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

cnerd123

likes this
Is there some massive cricket watching audience I don't know about who really like Pietersen which is why Sky keeps giving him contracts?

While you could stay the same for quite a few commentators, I've hardly ever seen anyone say they like his commentary and he obviously has little talent for it (and a grating voice). Surely they can get someone cheaper and better. Never seen anyone say they're flicking on the cricket to listen to some famous ex-cricketer commentate.
he's got a large social media following so that helps

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lords has already let us all down by not meeting the announcer’s call for a welcome for Pietersen with a chorus of boos.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Is there some massive cricket watching audience I don't know about who really like Pietersen which is why Sky keeps giving him contracts?

While you could stay the same for quite a few commentators, I've hardly ever seen anyone say they like his commentary and he obviously has little talent for it (and a grating voice). Surely they can get someone cheaper and better. Never seen anyone say they're flicking on the cricket to listen to some famous ex-cricketer commentate.
He's new to the Sky test match commentary team - he's done some white ball cricket but not many tests, if any, before this year.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Interesting stat on Cricinfo for the most recent first innings scores at Lords batting first:

Precarious stuff for Australia!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He got wacked around at 5's by india on a deck with movement and variable bounce. If he rolls out that crap again england won't need to do any of that to demolish him.
Coming off a long term injury

As I said, I am not a big fan of his but he’s a weapon against batters coming at him

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Obviously Warner isn't fav to make it to double figures, but if he does go above and beyond it's big bonus time for Aus.