• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Who knows how far it could set his recovery back? If it's even 1 test I can't see the value in it personally. Don't get me wrong im not necessary knocking it......full respect for him going out there but he's getting around on crutches for a reason. I'm sure no doctor is saying it's ok to be trying to run 22 yards.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Who knows how far it could set his recovery back? If it's even 1 test I can't see the value in it personally. Don't get me wrong im not necessary knocking it......full respect for him going out there but he's getting around on crutches for a reason. I'm sure no doctor is saying it's ok to be trying to run 22 yards.
He’ll be done for the series anyway
Might as well go down swinging

Victor Ian

International Coach
When is our next series?

It's just a calf. He could have a bionic one installed in time for the Aussie summer if needed.

Looking to the future is what stops you winning the now.

Lyon is a hero, runs needed or not.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyon is 100% done for the series as no way he would be risked if there’s even the slightest chance of returning

Calf strains are generally 4-6 weeks, this looks a bad one & the series will be done before he’s ready

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd wager plenty you were all for these extra 15 runs.
I was all for the extra time they soaked up. If he could have done himself more harm, they wouldn’t have sent him out. Obvious his series is done, plus it gives the team a lift to see someone put themselves through that for the side.

The contrast with Ollie Pope, who put his feet up for three days only to bat in his usual spot and fail gloriously could not be more star(c).

Last edited:

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Starc showed last night why he was selected, he is a wicket taking bowler who gives the attack a point of difference.

I know he will leak runs a times but he has taken 315 wickets at 27.61 and he is the 5th highest wicket taker for Australia.

Daemon

He gets a bit of ego boost and to actually do something manly, plus maybe the barmy army won’t sledge him anymore. It’s a win win for him imo. Get to look like a hero, do a little bit for your side and flap your bat about with no consequences.

TheJediBrah

He gets a bit of ego boost and to actually do something manly, plus maybe the barmy army won’t sledge him anymore. It’s a win win for him imo. Get to look like a hero, do a little bit for your side and flap your bat about with no consequences.
This is exactly what it is. Nothing to lose, everything to gain in reputation. Then he goes and talks himself up in the media

halba

International 12th Man
No it's not just you, if they put on 250-260, I think they'll be in REALLY good shape.
It could be a close game. These two bats are excellent. Duckett in great form. Stokes we know is great under pressure. If these two can pump it to around 200-220 it's game on with Bairstow to come.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It could be a close game. These two bats are excellent. Duckett in great form. Stokes we know is great under pressure. If these two can pump it to around 200-220 it's game on with Bairstow to come.
Absolutely, however Stokes is injured, so it remains to be seen if that hampers him at all over the innings. He seems to have gone alright so far. It doesn't really need to be said, but we need to get both him and Duckett early on in the piece to reduce the possibility of an England win.

Oh for Starc's catch to have been ok.

morgieb

Had Starc not grassed that catch I think we would’ve ran over them today. As it is, England still have at glimmer. I think we’ll know what kind of day it’ll be after the first half an hour.