• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Erasmus must have a citizenship application in with the Home Office over there. Diabolical decision.

Won’t matter anyway but rhadd to a just woeful umpiring. Village stuff

loterry1994

International Debutant
Obviously the catch has split opinion and comparisons with Smiths catch off Root in the 1st innings.

For what it's worth, I thought the Smith catch was fine but Starc grounded his.

It won't make any difference tomorrow but its certainly spilt opinion.
come on bro

Kirkut

International Regular
Psychological test for Australia tomorrow, with Lyon out and that catch decision going against them, will they be back tomorrow with their A game?

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
On one hand I think Starc had his fingers underneath the ball so that was a pretty big error by the 3rd umpire.

On the other hand from a drama and controversy perspective it's great for this contest. Even though Oz are still strong favourites, I imagine if England won from here on the back of a Duckett ton that would be right up there in terms if controversial Ashes moments.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Erasmus must have a citizenship application in with the Home Office over there. Diabolical decision.

Won’t matter anyway but rhadd to a just woeful umpiring. Village stuff
The umpires are biased towards England but Australia are about to go 2-0 up.

How does that work?

loterry1994

International Debutant
Psychological test for Australia tomorrow, with Lyon out and that catch decision going against them, will they be back tomorrow with their A game?
England still need a miracle to win this and ducket And stokes need another 100 runs this partnership at least

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dunno, I’d like to think they might still have a bit to play for and turn up ready to play, but maybe I’m a bit old fashioned that way

Spark

Global Moderator
Had it happened in the middle of the day with the crowd going then it might have had a big effect but with the overnight break it won't have any impact at all.

Poor Green has had nothing go his way this game at all.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Had it happened in the middle of the day with the crowd going then it might have had a big effect but with the overnight break it won't have any impact at all.

Poor Green has had nothing go his way this game at all.
they’ve already had plenty go against them all series.we’ll be fine

Woodster

International Captain
Whether you deem the Starc a catch or not, why on earth is he steadying himself with his catching hand face down into the turf? It was an excellent catch that he took but just just finish it off even if it means you get a mouthful of turf!

Spark

Global Moderator
Whether you deem the Starc a catch or not, why on earth is he steadying himself with his catching hand face down into the turf? It was an excellent catch that he took but just just finish it off even if it means you get a mouthful of turf!
Like seriously. You think a professional cricketer would know better than to do what he just did.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
come on bro
Starc is still sliding when the ball scrapes along the ground - he should have turned his wrist over.

Look in the grand scheme of things it won't matter but for me his still in the act of making the catch when the ball touches the ground.