• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The ICC really need to clarify what is meant by "in control"." IMO starc was more in control of the ball and his body in that catch then smith was in the root one in the first innings of this test.

Spark

Global Moderator
But the catch wasn't completed yet. Cricket is a complex game.
It very much was though. I think it's the "not control of the body" I guess but he's caught that easily and simply is trying to get upright to celebrate.

Jfry

U19 Debutant
England have an amazing record with bad decisions in their favour. That, Stokes' ricochet 4, Stokes LBW and the famous Broad decision are 4 of the worst decisions seen in recent history

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England have an amazing record with bad decisions in their favour. That, Stokes' ricochet 4, Stokes LBW and the famous Broad decision are 4 of the worst decisions seen in recent history
On the other hand we’ve never ever had anything go against us so this is a good post and you are very smart

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Obviously the catch has split opinion and comparisons with Smiths catch off Root in the 1st innings.

For what it's worth, I thought the Smith catch was fine but Starc grounded his.

It won't make any difference tomorrow but its certainly spilt opinion.

Spark

Global Moderator
Like away from the rules, can anybody actually look at that and say that he hasn't caught it
I mean the rules kind of matter. It's a really weird one IMO, my main thought is mostly "why the hell has he done that in the first place".