• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Gob

International Coach
If estraya get through the next session without losing more than 3, they will be well placed

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't mean to provide false hope here but it does look like one of those 2022 Bazball chase games. Decent first innings lead for the opposition, good start with the bat for them, probably gonna be bowled out with a target on the board that the bowling team will fancy they are favorites with.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't mean to provide false hope here but it does look like one of those 2022 Bazball chase games. Decent first innings lead for the opposition, good start with the bat for them, probably gonna be bowled out with a target on the board that the bowling team will fancy they are favorites with.
This is precisely why I don't think Aus are that far ahead in the game. We've already seen that conditions here flip on a dime once the sun comes out and the forecast predicts that it will when England come out to bat. Surely, surely, England can't be as profligate as they've been in three consecutive innings now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is precisely why I don't think Aus are that far ahead in the game. We've already seen that conditions here flip on a dime once the sun comes out and the forecast predicts that it will when England come out to bat. Surely, surely, England can't be as profligate as they've been in three consecutive innings now.
If England played the way they have done these 3 innings last year against us, we would have won that test. Bairstow and Root survived a very testing 90 mins or so against Bumrah Siraj Shami etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
If England played the way they have done these 3 innings last year against us, we would have won that test. Bairstow and Root survived a very testing 90 mins or so against Bumrah Siraj Shami etc.
Yeah the theme last year (well apart from the ****house Dukes) was controlled aggression. There was nothing remotely controlled about the last session yesterday and the morning session today. They scored quickly and dominated, but there was no backing away to square leg and almost getting castled having a slog, like a #10 having a wind-up.

shortpitched713

International Captain
This must be painful viewing for the England fans out here. Maybe some disagree with my view that Australia were spooked by Bazball in the first game, but right now, I think England have been spooked by Australia's come from behind win there and they seem to be playing with a very cluttered mind, which I thought was the one thing Bazball was gonna avoid.
You can't play Bazball when you're bowling. And apart from a few flurries, they have been far from great, throughout.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Our pace bowlers is a sorry state of affairs

Archer (likely never see him again)
Stone (injury prone)
Mahmood (injured
Wood (has to be managed)

Anyone else?