• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

kevinw

International 12th Man
Stewart was a class batsman who shouldn't have been burdened with the gloves. Atherton really good too just played too long and too disproportionately against quality opposition.

Hussain and Caddick the only truly mediocre ones imo
Haven't checked the stats but Caddick is a Bizarro Jimmy. Bowled like Sydney Barnes in the fourth innings.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Why don’t you work out that average and tell us the answer? And check out the work Anderson puts in on his own game and his constant search for improvements?
181 matches, 336 innings, 6440.1 overs, 1674 mdns, 697 wkts, ave 26.15, Econ 2.79, 32 x 5 wkts in innings.First Eng bowler to take 500 test wkts.
In the international list of leading test wicket-takers, Anderson is third below Murali & Warne.
I totally get it, don't get me wrong because I'm a big fan of Jimmy and acknowledge what a great career he's had.
But that doesn't change the fact Sir Richard John Hadlee was in a different league all together.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stewart was a class batsman who shouldn't have been burdened with the gloves. Atherton really good too just played too long and too disproportionately against quality opposition.

Mark Butcher was mentioned, but this is Trundler and he loves this convo. The weird thing is I kinda agree him, the 80s and 90s England sides were ****, but there were still some decent players around in two decades.

Socerer 01

International Captain
It isn't- this isn't how we played last summer and winter.

We attacked and we were positive but it wasn't completely wreckless like the last hour of so.
its what happens when you believe your own hype inevitably, last year they had consequences

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Stewart could've been better but he still played 130 tests for an average of under 40. He had grave problems against spin too so maybe he has a Pope-like career down the order. Sure, Stewart was used poorly but I feel like you can't use the potential argument for a bloke who plays that long. Atherton was alright but really not someone who epitomises the good old days.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well let's see if there drop catch will cost them, I'd rather they'd dropped Root, but ho-hum.

Stokes is being a **** in this innings.