• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
This passage of play from England has been absolutely shambolic.

To have 3 men out to the hook is beyond ridiculous - we don't deserve to won this game playing like this.

WTF Root was doing is beyond me - out twice hooking in the same innings.

And we've got Harry Brook teeing off like it's a benefit game.

Clueless play and the management need to get a grip of the team because this isn't how you play test cricket.

I'm fine with attacking play - I'm fine with a positive approach but this has been wreckless and that's not acceptable

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England 2003-2005 and especially England 2009-2013 was a better team than this lot.
True, but this a rather forgetting how awful England were for the few years before Bazball. Yet I'm not arguing some of the sessions in this series have been ugly, but never as ugly as watching Sibley, Burns, Denly.

Oh and those two sides were by far the best in my England watching, particularly the batting line-ups.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This passage of play from England has been absolutely shambolic.

To have 3 men out to the hook is beyond ridiculous - we don't deserve to won this game playing like this.

WTF Root was doing is beyond me - out twice hooking in the same innings.

And we've got Harry Brook teeing off like it's a benefit game.

Clueless play and the management need to get a grip of the team because this isn't how you play test cricket.

I'm fine with attacking play - I'm fine with a positive approach but this has been wreckless and that's not acceptable
This is the new philosophy of English test cricket...

Socerer 01

International Captain
Why don’t you work out that average and tell us the answer? And check out the work Anderson puts in on his own game and his constant search for improvements?
181 matches, 336 innings, 6440.1 overs, 1674 mdns, 697 wkts, ave 26.15, Econ 2.79, 32 x 5 wkts in innings.First Eng bowler to take 500 test wkts.
In the international list of leading test wicket-takers, Anderson is third below Murali & Warne.
Hadlee averages 4 less than Anderson if we're going back to that debate

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All mediocre cricketers besides Thorpe and Caddick tbf.
Stewart was a class batsman who shouldn't have been burdened with the gloves. Atherton really good too just played too long and too disproportionately against quality opposition.

Hussain and Caddick the only truly mediocre ones imo

Spark

Global Moderator
Though going on the pattern of this series, Brook will promptly give up another chance in the next 20 runs.