• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
If you want England batters and bowlers to get more praise you should be asking English fans why they aren't saying so. It's not Aussie fans job to praise them
As a fan of cricket do you not appreciate good play by whoever does it ?

lyon was fantastic in the last test as was Khawaja

did root not play any good shots when making a ton?

it’s allowed to say

CartyDurham

International Captain
Boland, Green, Hazlewood, Warner, Labuschagne and Smith were all mediocre in the first and yet they still won.
They did well played. Warner is a walking wicket. Fast bowler boland had the keeper at the stumps whilst going for five an over plus

Green was supposedly the second coming yet he was terrified of getting out

all these things happened

Spark

Global Moderator
Did England bowl any good balls or play any good shots in that test match ?

Australia did
No. England did not play a single good shot or bowl any good balls in the entire Test match. In 125 overs of bowling, over 740 deliveries, not one of them was of adequate standard. None of the 600 odd runs they scored were done so competently or thoughtfully. This is obviously a very serious statement to make to a very serious and thoughtful question and I'm very glad you raised it.

Get real. Of course England did so. Once again, being critical of mistakes does not mean the other team did not do anything correctly. But I don't feel the need to comment every time Stuart Broad bowls a good ball; honestly I just sort of expect it from him as the standard*. It's when he doesn't do that that it's noteworthy and worthy of comment. Likewise do you think I'm going to say "wow what a good player" when Joe Root, comfortably the finest English batsman of my lifetime, plays a good shot? There would be literally nothing else in the thread and the discussion would get stale rapidly.

*You haven't been here long enough to know that Broad is probably my favourite non-Australian player and has been for years.

CartyDurham

International Captain
No. England did not play a single good shot or bowl any good balls in the entire Test match. In 125 overs of bowling, over 740 deliveries, not one of them was of adequate standard. None of the 600 odd runs they scored were done so competently or thoughtfully. This is obviously a very serious statement to make to a very serious and thoughtful question and I'm very glad you raised it.

Get real. Of course England did so. Once again, being critical of mistakes does not mean the other team did not do anything correctly. But I don't feel the need to comment every time Stuart Broad bowls a good ball; honestly I just sort of expect it from him as the standard*. It's when he doesn't do that that it's noteworthy and worthy of comment. Likewise do you think I'm going to say "wow what a good player" when Joe Root, comfortably the finest English batsman of my lifetime, plays a good shot? There would be literally nothing else in the thread and the discussion would get stale rapidly.

*You haven't been here long enough to know that Broad is probably my favourite non-Australian player and has been for years.
Thanks I knew we would get there

CartyDurham

International Captain
You're like a broken record, whenever someone goes against your thoughts you just repeat your same point over and over and over....
It’s not at all, all I’m asking as a lover of cricket, I can appreciate good play by both sides ?

your replies indicate you can’t which is sad

Lyon, Khwaja we’re absolutely fantastic in that first test

did you think the innings Joe Root played was decent ?

I know you hate England

CartyDurham

International Captain

there’s a huge majority on here who clearly don’t like England

so as I like England I will stand up for their players as others do for their team

I also appreciate great play by opposition teams and individual players

I see nothing at all wrong with this statement

CartyDurham

International Captain
Great, I hope you drop this entire line of discussion then and stop bringing it up five times a day.
I won’t unless I read something I don’t agree with

is that not the whole point of forum discussions or is it to be only the one side allowed?

CartyDurham

International Captain
Australia won the test due to khawaja playing two innings to be remembered as great Ashes innings

Lyon and Cummins had one of the greatest ninth wicket partnerships in Ashes history

on the England side Joe Root showed why he is the current number 1 batsman and Stuart Broad showed his all time great credentials in ashes cricket

CartyDurham

International Captain
Bringing up the same topic over and over and over again when asked politely not to is definitely not allowed.
What is the topic though ? That’s the question. All I’m saying is that both sides had magnificent performers with in them

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that surely?

theres a huge majority of none England fans on here , that’s fair to say

Im part of the minority can I not praise or criticise players from both teams as I have been doing ?

is that really not allowed ?

Spark

Global Moderator
What is the topic though ? That’s the question. All I’m saying is that both sides had magnificent performers with in them

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that surely?

theres a huge majority of none England fans on here , that’s fair to say

Im part of the minority can I not praise or criticise players from both teams as I have been doing ?

is that really not allowed ?
You can do that all you like, what you can't do is constantly bug other people to praise English players more, specifically when they aren't even talking about English players but about Australian players instead, as if any comment about an Australian player that doesn't mention England is a slight on the quality of England's play.

CartyDurham

International Captain
When this match startI will not comment or criticise anything that happens

Im not here to upset anyone, so there you go, I hope that pacifies people

I will hope to say , isn’t the weather nice

CartyDurham

International Captain
You can do that all you like, what you can't do is constantly bug other people to praise English players more, specifically when they aren't even talking about English players but about Australian players instead, as if any comment about an Australian player that doesn't mention England is a slight on the quality of England's play.
I fully accept this

as a fan of cricket , no matter who or which team does something and if it’s quality I will praise it to the heavens

Others can watch cricket with any view they want