• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
So will Australia be leaving out that slow bowler boland?

keeper at the stumps and going at 5 an over plus ?

Dibbly dobbly is the phrase that comes to mind

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
There are especially in t20 and odi World Cups as they are clear champions in both

Shame about india choking though
I know you're new to the site mate but you can't be saying that.

England did not win the ODI World Cup, despite getting presented with the trophy and every record book saying that we did.

Winning on the boundary count after the super over, despite this being the rules, doesn't count and is in no way similar to winning on penalties in football.

The match was a draw and the trophy should have shared. In fact if we had anything about us, we would have given them the trophy as we only forced the tie due to Ben Stokes deliberately letting the throw hit his bat and go for 4 overthrows.

Also you need to show some empathy with our NZ friends. It was only 4 years ago and understandably that are still bitter about the whole thing.

It's no use saying to them that we were a bit lucky but that's the way it goes sometimes. Also it doesn't help one bit if you say they are your 2nd favourite team and you admire how they play and the sportsmanship they display.

Please take note and do not refer to the tied game as an England victory, even though we obviously did win, albeit with a slice of luck.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Big Questions: Part I

With potentially 8 more innings to go (but realistically probably only 4) in the last 4 tests, will Davey Warner surpass the total he amassed in 2019?

I say yes.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Big Questions: Part II

If Anderson has played his last Ashes test, ending up with one wicket and thus equalling his second best effort in an Ashes against Australia since he first played in the inaugural match in 1882, how will he be remembered?

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

If Anderson has played his last Ashes test, ending up with one wicket and thus equalling his second best effort in an Ashes against Australia since he first played in the inaugural match in 1882, how will he be remembered?
The most prolific seamer ever..Nobody is going to break Anderson's Test Record anytime soon.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The Big Questions: Part I

With potentially 8 more innings to go (but realistically probably only 4) in the last 4 tests, will Davey Warner surpass the total he amassed in 2019?

I say yes.
I think the cheating bastard, I mean lovable rogue, will bat for more than 4 innings but you may be right, he could easily get dropped after the 3rd test.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain

He'll be remembered as an ATG bowler.

All good Aussies know that you don't have to have a brilliant record in every country to be considered an ATG.

Otherwise Shane Warne's shocking record in India would mean incorrectly he wasn't an ATG.

CartyDurham

International Captain

As an all time great seam wicket taker above all others

that’s based on wickets taken