• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Trent Bridge

91Jmay

International Coach
Typical Botham. We are either dreadful/worst team ever or the absolute best. Lunatic.

There is no dominant team in WC at the moment, i believe England are the best but it isn't by much.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah I don't see India winning much away from home and I don't see England winning too much in the SC either, for some reason.. It might well be a case of who loses the least in away games being #1...

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
Excellent win in the first Test, several stand out performances. First Test showed the best of Test cricket- ebbed and flowed, some good individual performances and the better side eventually coming out on top- fully expect India to comeback hard though at Trent Bridge, no doubt.

Xuhaib

International Coach
oh dear just when you start liking England their media and former cricketers start coming out with these gems lets hope India wins the next game atleast a see saw series balance out these Gavaskars and the Bothams.

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
They have gone OTT. Sure it was a great win and yeah our form this last 2 years has been outstanding but one win doesn't necessarily herald some long term changing of the guard. On top of which as I said before, expect India to come back hard. Smacks a bit of hyperbole on the part of certain pundits and as we know, pride can come before a fall.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The way that India have scheduled this tour is reminiscent of the way the ECB did the 2006/07 Ashes series - I'm hoping for a parallel scoreline as well

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
The way that India have scheduled this tour is reminiscent of the way the ECB did the 2006/07 Ashes series - I'm hoping for a parallel scoreline as well
The lack of acclimatisation is incredible- combined with players having either done IPL or sat out previous series on top of that- the warm ups and 'rotation' of certain players certainly have the hallmarks of Fletcher's management strategy!:laugh:

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
They have gone OTT. Sure it was a great win and yeah our form this last 2 years has been outstanding but one win doesn't necessarily herald some long term changing of the guard. On top of which as I said before, expect India to come back hard. Smacks a bit of hyperbole on the part of certain pundits and as we know, pride can come before a fall.
I honestly think that a lot of the excitiment has been due to how terrible India looked. The bowling looked powder-puff and the much-vaunted batting line-up, while having many more career runs, averages less than Englands.

Of course, what happened last game will not automatically happen again. As I said previously, if India play well and England dont then India can easily win the next Test or two. But it isnt hard to be high on England and low on India at the moment.

Last edited:

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
I honestly think that a lot of the excitiment has been due to how terrible India looked. The bowling looked powder-puff and the much-vaunted batting line-up, while having many more career runs, averages less than Englands.

Of course, what happened last game will not automatically happen again. As I said previously, if India play well and England dont then India can easily win the next Test or two. But it isnt hard to be high on England and low on India at the moment.
Quite true. We played very well indeed, but have to say- thinking about it, out of the top 6 and Dhoni, only Mukhund and Dravid produced in their 1st Innings with Laxman and Raina in the 2nd. Their bowling was mostly patchy, though Kumar did well in the 1st Innings and Sharma a brilliant spell in the 2nd- Harbhajan was appalling throughout, what was it 1/200ish. As well as we played, I expected a lot more from India.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Good opening Posts Mr Popodopolous. :thumbsup:

Welcome to CW. Nice to have some balanced perspective.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Its only the pundits, not the team. We always keep feet on the ground, cliché and all. Still have the mid-series batting **** up to come, though, could strike at any time (probably most likely at Trent Bridge tbh)

Bun

Banned
what a ******** **** botham is! probably mumbled on when high, shocking to see such chestthumping comments which would put extreme fanboys to shame.

and funny how everyone from their armchair have decided that zak's injury is due to being overweight and lazy when he clearly looked the best bowler from both sides in the short time he was there at the wicket.

I hope this hilariously premature celebrations and mocking will fire up the indian contingent and give them a cause for fight in coming tests.

be a bit respectful and gracious fellas, atleast wait till u get ur hands on the no.1 spot before showing off.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing shocking about it. If there's one irrationally English cheer-leader, it's Both. Almost literally says the same thing ("England are going to dominate from here/the opposition look demoralised!") every time they win a match early on so eventually he's going to be right.