• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I guess it was just me then. I thought the noise was too faint to definitively point to a glove. Turn of the shoe, a swipe...it could have been all those noises to me as it was very light.

Anyway, Punter to tonne up so no worries.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's better than bowling outside off, put it that way.

Not sure about Ponting struggling with Onions, it's indip rather than outswing that tends to be his particular problem, ergo Flintoff would seem to be the man if he could pitch full enough.

FFS get around-the-wicket to Katich!
Hmm, he does get out an awful lot playing away from his body these days. When I think of the bowlers I've seen him struggle a little with in the past year (Ishant, Morkel, Taylor) it does seem to be largely inswing (or more often movement in off the seam) causing him problems, but as Michael Holding pointed during in the last test he's far less susceptible to the lbw than popular opinion would suggest- 36 lbw dismissals in 222 test innings, and 25 in 306 ODI innings. Given how he was dismissed in the warm-ups, moving it away might be the option.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson needs to focus on bowling inswinger after inswinger at Ponting and then follow it up with an away swinger. They need to make sure that they dont bowl even the slightest bit short to Ponting.
Yep. Ricky's never seen an inswinger in his 120-odd test career. Three innies and an outie is all you need. That's why he averages 3 in test cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Best bowler on the county circuit.
Well, this season, yeah. Before this season he was a relative nobody. Time will tell whether this is a one-season wonder or the start of an upward curve.

Either way have to hope he can bring his domestic performances to the Tests.