• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
It's been a pleasure gentlemen, but the time has come for me to relinquish the cricket for the time being whilst I browse through the town centre with the girlfriend for an afternoon of complete underthethumbness.

Get in! I've managed to dodge that engagement for the time being. Although i've got this nagging feeling that we'll throw the match away in this next session. Cook has such a bad habit of getting to 50 and getting straight out.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Predicated on the assumption he's got form/fitness. Which he doesn't. He'd get smacked, I reckon.
Nah, Clark doesn't get smacked. He'd just go for his runs more slowly than everyone else while taking no wickets and get credit for that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Get in! I've managed to dodge that engagement for the time being. Although i've got this nagging feeling that we'll throw the match away in this next session. Cook has such a bad habit of getting to 50 and getting straight out.
Tell her you slept with someone else, enjoy the next 6 weeks, then send her some flowers when the Ashes are safely home

Burgey

Ponting should be tearing these ****s new arseholes at lunch. That was ****ing disgraceful from an Australian attack. When in Rome and all that, but that performance was English in nature.

Cook scoring runs ffs. Makes me think I could be a test player - you can make runs dangling the bat outside off for a living. ****ing dire.

Saw the 100 partnership and they touched gloves. More time-wasting!

There, hope that helps the forum ****ing atmosphere.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First 10 minutes after Lunch is crucial I reckon. If we get through that without another wicket I'll dare to believe we could dictate the day, not just the opening session.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ponting should be tearing these ****s new arseholes at lunch. That was ****ing disgraceful from an Australian attack. When in Rome and all that, but that performance was English in nature.

Cook scoring runs ffs. Makes me think I could be a test player - you can make runs dangling the bat outside off for a living. ****ing dire.

Saw the 100 partnership and they touched gloves. More time-wasting!

There, hope that helps the forum ****ing atmosphere.
:laugh:

I love you man

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Tell her you slept with someone else, enjoy the next 6 weeks, then send her some flowers when the Ashes are safely home
Maybe I sould go the whole hog and actually sleep with somebody else? I'd give me something to do whilst watching the cricket. So to speak...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That was ****ing disgraceful from an Australian attack. When in Rome and all that, but that performance was English in nature.
One could say the same about England's Adelaide collapse and so many things besides... Australians aren't genetically superior to Brits.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a rubbish two hours of Cricket.

Love Hilf wish I stood by him a little more when some people had written him off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Maybe I sould go the whole hog and actually sleep with somebody else? I'd give me something to do whilst watching the cricket. So to speak...
Yeah, might as well. Teh give your missus my number.

Hoping for more of the same here.

Pretty sure one of Uppercut's 'the commentators will use 2005 analogies' situations was if we went off like a rocket in the first innings, have they mentioned 05 in reference to our run rate yet?

Uppercut

You must be quite the stud. The thumb I live under wouldn't stand for that with cricket on in the background.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, was just about to make this point myself. I mean in South Africa Johnson simply broke Smith's hand a couple of times so that he could have access to the easier-to-dismiss right handed batsmen. Opening against two lefties really seems to hurt his line and rhythm.
Something I noticed was that when he dragged deliveries very wide outside the off stump, he seemed to be veering off the pitch in his follow through. It would seem he is not carrying enough forward momentum to combat his slingy action. In his last spell of the session, he seemed to be working hard on getting everything going straight towards the batsmen but the pace was way down because he now appears highly tentative and nervous. It must be noted that his opening spell was one of the quickest that Johnson has bowled in Test cricket. He was consistently over 90mph (145kph) and occasionally toward 93mph (150kph), it really shocked me how much time Strauss had to play his shots and this too may have thrown Johnson. Similar speed in South Africa had the ball leaping off the deck and catching the edge or a hand.