• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I mean is, for once England's best team played better than Australia's best team. The fact that Australia had to underperform very badly indeed for it to happen doesn't damage the good-ness of that. :happy:
That's fair enough. As I said, England deserve the victory here. The only way Australia deserve anything out of it is if these two performa miracle and bat for the rest of the game. Won't happen though and England will be 1 up.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is a belief that the events of the fifth day in sydney played a roll in the threat of a boyoctt.
Indeed also played a roll in bucknor being pulled from the next test.
It was about the banning of Harbhajan mostly. The removal of Bucknor was secondary from what I remember.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
So that lbw not given makes it 2.5 for Australia vs 3 against them. (0.5 for the caught behind off Haddin)
You talking about the Swann one? Please. You can't give that. It didn't look like it had enough room to keep spinning seems Haddins leg looked like it was pointing somewhere towards the middle of cover and point.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Great knock from Clarke. Love the bloke - become such a great player. Possibly the best batsman vs spin in the world atm.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Good knock from Pup. On the attack, striking at 86 is pretty good. Fantastic shots.

Reversing massively for Flintoff. Surely he won't last much longer, as long as Broad doesn't pitch it up and Jimmy doesn't get swing, we should be alright for a bit.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wasn't convinced on first sighting that Hussey nicked it. Actually helped that Prior didn't glove it, makes it seem more likely that he's nicked it when he goes to first slip.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Great knock from Clarke. Love the bloke - become such a great player. Possibly the best batsman vs spin in the world atm.
I challenge anyone to find someone better.

I said it a few hundred posts back - difficult right now to conceive him ever getting out to a spinner again.

PY

International Coach
:laugh:

I don't really have much to say but having read the last 20 pages in one sitting, it makes for a hilarious read. And some semi-serious Pom-bagging going on too, get the impression that ye olde crims don't like us much. It's great to read through. :)

Let's be honest, with cloud cover and the conditions, Aussies were never going to win this. These decisions were poor but it might give you an extra day to recover and get your heads sorted before the next tour game.

Maybe I'm seeing it with rose-tints 'cos we're winning but I don't see this as a disaster at all for the Ashes!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Having partaken in it til now (which I'm not proud of) I reckon we should leave the Sydney test, and certainly the Oval, in the past and enjoy what is still pretty good cricket.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, sure, because these circumstances sure bear huge resemblence to those where an Umpire who they've justifiably regarded with suspicion for the best part of a decade has accused them of cheating. 8-)
Thought is was obvious I was joking, I will insert a smiley face next time. :)

pasag

RTDAS
I dunno. I've found that in recent times him and in general the rest of the Australian side are superb against poor spin or good spinners on flat tracks but as soon as you get quality spin, or spin on spinning tracks, they're all at sea. That's not even bringing into account their batting vs one-day spin which has been abysmal over the past year.

pasag

RTDAS
:laugh:

I don't really have much to say but having read the last 20 pages in one sitting, it makes for a hilarious read. And some semi-serious Pom-bagging going on too, get the impression that ye olde crims don't like us much. It's great to read through. :)
All in good fun.