• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Worst test performance from Australia in recent memory? :(

Hard to say what changes (realistically) would help. Think we have the team pretty much right, they just need the current team to play better.
Maybe in a live Test, but the 3rd Test against South Africa in SA was a worse effort I think.

pasag

RTDAS
Well played England, by far the better team over the past few days despite getting the better of circumstances. How they've come back from the rabble in Cardiff is quite admirable. Will be tough for us to come back from here, but I'm fairly certain we will, I think we're the better side and will hopefully be able to prove that over the next few Tests. That said, how we've dealt with tough conditions is not good enough and the way we crumble as soon as a few things don't go our way is quite disappointing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Isn't in funny how no-one ever rips into their own team for "excessive appealing"?

It's a bit of a hollow criticism really; nothing more than straw-clutching 99% of the time from posters who have run out of legitimate things to criticise the opposition for. Certain players (from all countries) do get a bit carried away - and their fans will admit such, funnily enough - but I don't think I've ever seen a concerted effort from a team as a whole to appeal excessively.

It's frankly not an issue for mine unless of course it crosses the line and becomes an attempt to actually intimidate the umpire - something I certainly haven't seen in this series from either team, tbh, despite the incredible amount of whinging from the fans of both sides.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yup. Good to know that for once England's best was conclusively better than Australia's best. :)
We'd know that if they both played at their best :happy:

England deserve to win this test by a large margin though, Australia have been quite poor and they have played well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well played England, by far the better team over the past few days despite getting the better of circumstances. How they've come back from the rabble in Cardiff is quite admirable. Will be tough for us to come back from here, but I'm fairly certain we will, I think we're the better side and will hopefully be able to prove that over the next few Tests. That said, how we've dealt with tough conditions is not good enough and the way we crumble as soon as a few things don't go our way is quite disappointing.
Yeah, agree with this completely. I savour this crushing victory with some amount of nervousness about it being Edgbaston-1997-esque.

jondavluc

State Regular
Isn't in funny how no-one ever rips into their own team for "excessive appealing"?

It's a bit of a hollow criticism really; nothing more than straw-clutching 99% of the time from posters who have run out of things to bag the opposition for. Certain players (from all countries) do get a bit carried away - and their fans will admit such, funnily enough - but I don't think I've ever seen a concerted effort from a team as a whole to appeal excessively.

It's frankly not an issue for mine unless of course it crosses the line and becomes an attempt to actually intimidate the umpire - something I certainly haven't seen in this series from either team, tbh, despite the incredible amount of whinging from the fans of both teams.
I couldn't agree more.

biased indian

International Coach
All the aussies fault ???
So the aussies will boycott the next test then ehhh ???
please for the last time.... the boycott threat (still dont agree with it the boycott threat) was for monkeygate !!!!!!!!!!!!

if we just look the wrong decision alone leaving that aside sydney stiill > Lord's

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

It's a bit of a hollow criticism really; nothing more than straw-clutching 99% of the time from posters who have run out of legitimate things to criticise the opposition for. Certain players (from all countries) do get a bit carried away - and their fans will admit such, funnily enough - but I don't think I've ever seen a concerted effort from a team as a whole to appeal excessively.

It's frankly not an issue for mine unless of course it crosses the line and becomes an attempt to actually intimidate the umpire - something I certainly haven't seen in this series from either team, tbh, despite the incredible amount of whinging from the fans of both sides.
Yeah, I find over-appealing a little irritating and no more. Think there's about 1,000,000 things I'd rather discuss TBH.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
please for the last time.... the boycott threat still dont agree with it the botcott threat was for monkeygate !!!!!!!!!!!!

if we just look the wrong decision alone leaving that aside sydney stiill > Lord's
Yes, exactly. The boycott was for the decision by Procter.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We'd know that if they both played at their best :happy:
What I mean is, for once England's best team played better than Australia's best team. The fact that Australia had to underperform very badly indeed for it to happen doesn't damage the good-ness of that. :happy:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Worst test performance from Australia in recent memory? :(

Hard to say what changes (realistically) would help. Think we have the team pretty much right, they just need the current team to play better.
India was pretty brutal.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yes but if they can't , for example Johnsons inability to not bowl pies, changes have to be made.
He was bowling awesomely two months ago. He's low on form and confidence, but that will turn around. To say he can't imrpove is silly. It's a tricky one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And that Symonds and Ponting nicked back which were heard in London but not somehow reached the eardrums of Bucknor.
And they weren't the references I was making to Sydney mate. The || was in the Dravid and Hussey dismissals. The Symonds one was horrid but didn't cost India the loss. They lost it themselves on the last arvo. The earlier ones went a long way to costing them the chance to win it though.