• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forgot how smooth Haury looks with the bat, improved massively. Looks totally unfazed by the bowling.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad's front arm does something unusual doesn't it?

Would like him to keep bowling for another 6 or so overs at least. He's bowling absolute ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
England should be giving themselves as much time necessary to bowl Australia out. Then they can bat accordingly knowing the pace at which scoring runs needs to be done. If they bat now they have to dilly-dally to a good total and then declare. That's likely to take more time than they would take if they were to bat last. And the more time this Test takes, the less likely Australia are to lose. Winning is not really in the equation for Australia - well at least realistically. So it variates between how probable England are to win and how probable Australia are to draw. More time taken = more probable for Australia to draw.

England don't have to bat particularly well. They just have to bowl well and take 20 wickets. The less pressure they have time-wise to do that the better.
Extremely well said; I couldn't agree with this any more if I tried. The weather forecast for the rest of this game is hardly perfect either so England need to look to wrap this up as quickly as possible. Batting again now would just be a waste of dry conditions; not to mention momentum.

Uppercut

Extremely well said; I couldn't agree with this any more if I tried. The weather forecast for the rest of this game is hardly perfect either so England need to look to wrap this up as quickly as possible. Batting again now would just be a waste of dry conditions; not to mention momentum.
I had a bit of a rant last night saying this exact thing, but given how easy batting seems this morning, I'd be tempted to not enforce.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I don't think rain will be an issue

FWIW though I want the game finished tomorrow, cbf with being in work when we go one up in the Ashes

tooextracool

International Coach
England need to open every single session of the game and the series with Flintoff IMO. The first few overs in a session set the tone, and to keep bowling Broad at the start really screws up the entire system.

pasag

RTDAS
England should be giving themselves as much time necessary to bowl Australia out. Then they can bat accordingly knowing the pace at which scoring runs needs to be done. If they bat now they have to dilly-dally to a good total and then declare. That's likely to take more time than they would take if they were to bat last. And the more time this Test takes, the less likely Australia are to lose. Winning is not really in the equation for Australia - well at least realistically. So it variates between how probable England are to win and how probable Australia are to draw. More time taken = more probable for Australia to draw.

England don't have to bat particularly well. They just have to bowl well and take 20 wickets. The less pressure they have time-wise to do that the better.
Spot on, let's just hope Strauss doesn't read this :p

Uppercut

If Harmison had taken the two wickets Broad did yesterday everyone would be creaming over his match-changing pace and bounce. Besides, Hussey and Katich might still be batting now if Harmy hadn't been playing because there's no way he'd have taken that catch at fine leg.