• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

archie mac

International Coach
That's true. But the World Cup is much more prestigious so I suppose every team wants everyone to be at their best. Sending unfit or exhausted players to the World Cup doesn't make for very exciting, fast paced, hard fought wins.
Yes, I understand why, but it has devalued Test Rugby, which is a shame:(

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I cannot believe how good the Aussies on foxsports think their team is. Anyway, final Test on home soil for Gregan and Larkham. I expect a love-in.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
I've been thinking about this fuss the Aussies and NZ are kicking up about us sending a weaker team. They're going to look pretty silly if we win either or both matches. For us it's a no lose situation. Either it's a "well it was a weaker team" or a "just shows what we can do" situation. :) :ph34r:

ripper868

International Coach
I've been thinking about this fuss the Aussies and NZ are kicking up about us sending a weaker team. They're going to look pretty silly if we win either or both matches. For us it's a no lose situation. Either it's a "well it was a weaker team" or a "just shows what we can do" situation. :) :ph34r:
well why not send out the under 15B team from durban. it robs people who have paid good money to see a top class rugby match between the best that each country has to offer

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez. 12-0 to the saffies after 8 minutes. Lucky they didn't pick their first team. :p

EDIT: Hougaard slots the conversion: 14-zip.

Craig

World Traveller
How fast is Pulse? Nice try celebration. Would love to see a bowler do that in an ODI when he gets a wicket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Won't be til after the world cup at the earliest.

Oz ahead now & Boks down to 14. Should be able to put the game away after Giteau goes over. 25-17 & Mortlock misses the conversion so that's how it stays.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
anyway the boks did their show, shutting mouths who said they will send a weak and easy-to-beat team. 17-0 in 10 minutes and all the aussie arrogance was put down.
good lesson for complainers.

JBMAC

State Captain
anyway the boks did their show, shutting mouths who said they will send a weak and easy-to-beat team. 17-0 in 10 minutes and all the aussie arrogance was put down.
good lesson for complainers.
You gotta be kidding...Wallabies posted 25 unanswered points in second half...that would not have happened against a full strength Bok side.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
The Wallabies really aren't a very good side. Wales were the joke of Six Nations this year and their 4th grade side nearly beat them. Now a B-grade South African side nearly beat them. It's not that the opposition are any good, the Wallabies just make basic mistakes that lead to intercept tries, like going wide before going forward. They could have flogged SA but instead gave them a 17-0 lead over them after 30 minutes. How they beat New Zealand I'm not quite sure... maybe it was two handling errors from NZ when they were going to score tries and Hayman being sent off.

You gotta be kidding...Wallabies posted 25 unanswered points in second half...that would not have happened against a full strength Bok side.
He's right, a full strength South African side would have shut the game against Australia. All the same, they'd be steaming they lost after veing 17 points up.

Thing about the Aussies is they have the potential to have the best backline in the world. I rate Mortlock incredibly highly, and Giteau isn't too far behind either with his sniping runs. Latham when he's healthy is the best fullback in the world, and Larkham on his day is a fantastic fly-half, as shown against Scotland last year. How they've been unable to forge a cohesive backline I'll never know.

Their forwards suck and even against B-grade sides they lack dicipline and give up posossion when Australia look like they're going to score.

They really don't deserve the world cup, though I'd get a kick out of 'em getting another fluke win over New Zealand (who aren't that crash hot lately either)...