• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Molehill

International Captain
Rugby has massive competition in Australia from far better managed/more popular sports so the situation is somewhat understandable

Those other countries don’t face anything like that so there comes a time when you have to question the game itself
Not really different anywhere else. We all have Football as the number 1 sport with at least 92 professional clubs (I think most of the next 24 in the ladder are too).

Heboric

International Debutant
Dang it, 13 all draw Junior Boks vs Junior ABs. Conditions didnt look great though. Maybe the Boks could have tried something on that last penalty

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really different anywhere else. We all have Football as the number 1 sport with at least 92 professional clubs (I think most of the next 24 in the ladder are too).
The physical attributes required to play league & Aussie Rules are infinitely closer to union than football

Molehill

International Captain
The physical attributes required to play league & Aussie Rules are infinitely closer to union than football
Only because of how they have trained their bodies. It's really just the front 3 where professional footballers couldn't be converted to if they had gone down a rugby path....and I doubt there's many 'props' running around Aussie Rules either.

social

Only because of how they have trained their bodies. It's really just the front 3 where professional footballers couldn't be converted to if they had gone down a rugby path....and I doubt there's many 'props' running around Aussie Rules either.
Dude, the modern rugby player is enormous and the average footballer would need to put on 40-50 pounds & that’s before you consider the positions that need height

Might as well say that a tennis player could make a rugby player if they’d trained their bodies

Molehill

International Captain
Dude, the modern rugby player is enormous and the average footballer would need to put on 40-50 pounds & that’s before you consider the positions that need height

Might as well say that a tennis player could make a rugby player if they’d trained their bodies
And many modern footballers are ****ing units too. Take Dan Burn for example, you telling me this 6ft 6" defender couldn't be turned into a lock forward if he'd taken up rugby at the age of 12 instead of football? He's the exact same height as Itoje.

social

And many modern footballers are ****ing units too. Take Dan Burn for example, you telling me this 6ft 6" defender couldn't be turned into a lock forward if he'd taken up rugby at the age of 12 instead of football? He's the exact same height as Itoje.
Burns is a stick creature who Itoje outweighs by 5 stone

The sports aren’t comparable so it’s a ridiculous argument

Heboric

International Debutant
Congrats to the Shorks beating Clermont by you guessed it 1 point, it looked like a tough outing.

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
That rules change regarding scrums has a horrible whiff about it. Cynic in me thinks its something to hinder the Boks

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't had the chance to watch much of it because of work, but it sounds like Blues-Hurricanes has been a cracking game.