• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
actually, I would have preferred it if HHH wasn't ever in the Rumble, but eliminated Roman. I know that's a no go though, they wanted the big pop when his music hits.

One other thing that, in hindsight, annoys me, is Zayn staying in after getting rid of Owens. Eliminating himself along with Owens could have worked well, like with Foley-Orton. Particularly given Zayn did nothing afterwards
It put some heat on the Wyatts.

Strowman had a good Rumble.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Was drunk watching last night so watched again sober and I have the same opinion: That Rumble made me embarrassed to be a WWE fan. Saying that, I do prefer HHH to the alternative. Took it to a 4/10.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats to JBL for restrciting to naming only one of the titles AJ has won, as opposed to when the Dudley's came back

surprised he didn't say the "The winner of the 2015 LOU THESZ/RIC FLAIR AWARD" though.......

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Congrats to JBL for restrciting to naming only one of the titles AJ has won, as opposed to when the Dudley's came back

surprised he didn't say the "The winner of the 2015 LOU THESZ/RIC FLAIR AWARD" though.......
Probably because that award contains the W word in its full title tbh. Amongst other reasons.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How long before AJ Styles is teaming up with Neville to take on Tyler Breeze and Stardust on Superstars?
Hopefully things won't get that bad. But the fact that the crowd chanted for him more than anyone else in the entire match, and the fact that he got more cheers than Roman in particular, does not bode well for him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Suspect it was intentional tbh.

"Get Roman's reaction, that's the most important thing"

"Nobody will know who he is, we need to do something to show this is notable" etc....

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

CricketWeb 2016 Royal Rumble Pool - running tally

1. Manee -
2. Niall -
3. spikey -
4. duffer -
5. Agent TBY -
6. Jono -
7. sledger -
8. duffer -
9. Jono -
10. Manee -
11. Athlai-
12. Shri -
13. andmark
14. Dan
15. Spikey
16. Shri
17. GIMH
18. sledger
19. andmark
20. OverratedSanity
21. Marcuss
22. Agent TBY
23. Dan
24. Athlai
25. Pratters
26. King Pietersen
27. OverratedSanity
28. King Pietersen
29. Pratters
30. GIMH
Couldn't help but notice Jono was Ryback, who no one likes.

Also GIMH= HHH. Big surprise.

OverratedSanity

Suspect it was intentional tbh.

"Get Roman's reaction, that's the most important thing"

"Nobody will know who he is, we need to do something to show this is notable" etc....
Maybe. But I felt the way the titantron was designed, with the slow reveal of 'phenomenal', that they knew he'd get a big ovation and they wanted to milk it. They've also paid him silly money apparently so recognize his star power. They're still going to find a way to screw him up though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What makes me think it was intentiinal was the fact that not only did they miss the trin, the canera seemed to veey purposefully focus on a very narrow shot of Roman'sface.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Terrible undercard but I found the actual Rumble fun. Trips winning makes me interested in where they go from here so I'll actually tune into RAW tomorrow.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually, oh god we're going to see a 20 minute soliloquy by HHH to open every RAW til Mania aren't we?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Other than the result, that was a very fun show. Particularly enjoyed AJ Styles' debut, the comprehensive proof that the best way to get over in WWE is be saved from the 3 hour Raw and Lesnar's destruction of Strowman via clotheslines and running jumping knees.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just finished watching the rumble.

- Tyler Breeze stole the show for the few minutes he was in there.
- No championship match meant a shorter rumble and more watchable one. Cue, Raw.
- The big men dominating sucked. Would like to see a 4 on 4 big men watch so that they don't crowd every thing but this is the WWE, after all.
- Samy Zayn v Kewin Owens in the rumble was super fun to watch.
- For a few moments, I thought Jericho might win it. Would be terrific.
- The tag team match was excellent to watch. The promo before it was hilarious.
- I suspect we will have another Triple threat match at WM now. Triple H isn't in the age to work long matches with just him and an opponent, as evident from him entering 29. He might have a run till Mania and then get away again. I hope it's better than Sting v Triple H from last year.
- Titus O'Neil is too green to be out there in the brutal world of main wwe. Will just end up burying him.
- Glad to have AJ. Better wrestlers means chance to have more cool matches.
- That Rusev fly in the sky was ****ing amazing. Too less Lana in the show for my liking.
- Kalisto v Alberto looked like a mismatch to me. I used to like Alberto but not enjoying his hit it, hit it, hit it and less moves avatar. Doesn't work well with a high flyer like Kalisto either. Also, they need to stop that lucha lucha lucha promo. We know it's a lucha wrestler when he wears a mask like that ffs.
- The pink bands the New Day wore on their hair. Not many can carry that off, so cool.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The thing is, why does Triple H even want to be WWE Champion at this point? He existed, and entered 30, as a spoiler for Reigns. Once Roman was out, his role was fulfilled.
Because it adds to the number of championships he has.