• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Afghanistan in Sri Lanka 2023/24

Silver Silva

International Regular
Before he got picked he was smashing tons left, right and center in domestic List A and 50 over A team matches for like 2 years. He's a terrific runner between the wickets, dominates spin and picks gaps against pacers very well. There's no reason why he won't be a quality middle order batsman in ODIs. It's not his fault Pakistan play very few ODIs. Even today he looked like the most fluent batsman before he copped a very good ball and a very harsh umpire's call. Plus he's very mentally tough too.
I feel Pakistan should open with Rizwan because of his record opening the batting in T20's

slippy888

International Captain
Not a fan of this series happening before a asia cup guys, like it loses all the mystic and rivalry you have in a Asian cup.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel Pakistan should open with Rizwan because of his record opening the batting in T20's
He might be a good opener in another timeline but thankfully he's an MVP and will adjust to anything for the team cause. The top 3 is set in stone now. #4 is the lowest Rizwan can bat and I feel he will do a great job there.

My worry is Babar getting out lbw to spinners find and time again. He didn't have this issue 2 years ago.

trundler

Did Rauf retire him? Does that count as a dismissal? The scorecard says retired out.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Just saw the highlights. That was one of the worst games of professional international cricket I have ever witnessed. If either team play like that aat the WC they won't make it past the group stages believe me.

trundler

Just saw the highlights. That was one of the worst games of professional international cricket I have ever witnessed. If either team play like that aat the WC they won't make it past the group stages believe me.
You should probably watch more cricket then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sounds like I missed a cracker.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I mean I know slow wickets aren't exactly conducive to the most exciting cricket but neither teams anywhere near made the most of the pitch. England would still manage to make 300 and so would India, Australia and maybe even New Zealand.

They made it look a minefield

trundler

what are you talking about, did you see the amount of full tosses / slogs that got wickets? unacceptable.
There was literally one full toss that took a wicket in the whole match. If batsmen are consistently trying to hit out and falling/mistiming, odds are that it's a difficult pitch to time your shots on. Besides, there were actually more bowled/lbw decisions than wickets off slogs anyway. It was a tough wicket to bat on.
England would still manage to make 300 and so would India, Australia and maybe even New Zealand.
lol no

slowfinger

International Debutant
There was literally one full toss that took a wicket in the whole match. If batsmen are consistently trying to hit out and falling/mistiming, odds are that it's a difficult pitch to time your shots on. Besides, there were actually more bowled/lbw decisions than wickets off slogs anyway. It was a tough wicket to bat on.

lol no

Ultimately both sides did not bat smartly and almost were unable to adapt to the pitch. We saw a bit of fight once Pakistan were 4 down and it was the type of batting that was required, combative and dogged. I absolutely guarantee there is no chance India were letting that pitch make them score less than 300.