• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2012

Spark

Global Moderator
Poor stuff from SL post-tea. Really should have won this or at least got a hell of a lot closer than they look like getting.

Now, Sanga, go and make a fool out of me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
so weak from Mathews.

Series win shouldn't count as first test had no Misbah. You can't beat Misbahstan without Misbah in the team.

Series is a draw if Lanka dont win this.

Spark

Global Moderator
so weak from Mathews.

Series win shouldn't count as first test had no Misbah. You can't beat Misbahstan without Misbah in the team.

Series is a draw if Lanka dont win this.
Mathews is just as likely to hit three sixes in a row out of nowhere tbf.

Xuhaib

International Coach
1-0 is a fair result. 2-0 would have been harsh on Pakistan while 1-1 would have flattered them. Misbah first series loss as captain though technically he was not the captain in the game they lost.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
And that right there folks is exactly why we need a proper Test championship so individual Test wins count for something and we avoid **** like this. I know Sri Lanka haven't won a series for 3 years but why even bother playing if you're not gonna attempt to force a victory.

smash84

The Tiger King
can't blame SL for this.....have to say **** weather and Hafeez'a **** captaincy cost us the series :(

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
I'd have liked us to go for the win here but I can understand the mentality behind going for the draw to take the series.

Lostman

State Captain
Been a good few months, with slow and steady improvement.

Finally won a test post-Murali (in SA as well)
Drew a series against England
And eventually won a series.

Still a few concerns with the openers, and our medium pace pie chuckers that can barely get through 2 tests, but things are definitively improving compared to the last 2-3 years.

Anyone know SL's FTP for the rest of the year? I know they are in Australia in December but not sure if they have any other tests before then.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Been a good few months, with slow and steady improvement.

Finally won a test post-Murali (in SA as well)
Drew a series against England
And eventually won a series.

Still a few concerns with the openers, and our medium pace pie chuckers that can barely get through 2 tests, but things are definitively improving compared to the last 2-3 years.

Anyone know SL's FTP for the rest of the year? I know they are in Australia in December but not sure if they have any other tests before then.
http://static.icc-cricket.com/ugc/d...A9CF9040AF280F792D82DCC_1334658390769_259.pdf

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Negative and very cautionary thinking imo.:thumbdown
Oh definitely. I think they considered the importance of winning the series and not throwing it all away on a pitch that wasn't the easiest to bat on. I agree that it's negative and cautionary though.

Fusion

Global Moderator
On a somewhat related note, Pakistan have overtaken India in the latest test rankings and are now 4th in the world. A great reflection of progress under Misbah's leadership.