• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

AaronK

State Regular
Butt still scored at a strike rate of 125 over his eight balls ;)
it is interesting this guy was talking about how Mcintosh can't come farward and ends up playing across the line lol.. butt was out the same way.. and he has been geting out playing accross the line soo many times that he makes Mcintosh look better lol

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Southee :happy: Bowling 140K's and swinging it, why wasn't he playing in Wellington again?
Probably because they were worried his second spell would be 125ks and replete with long hops and half volleys.

But great to see him bowling this well so far :)

Flem274*

123/5
Better bowler then Tuffey though.
Based on a whole one wicket, that of Salman Butt though with a beautiful delivery.

Lets see what they both do over a few test matches yeah? Or shall I just conclude Tuffey is better for his delivery to remove Umar Akmal.

Of course with your general way of rating players which are as follows:

1) Are they under 25?
2) Are they quicker than the player being compared to?
3) Are they from Northern Districts?

I don't expect to see much change from you. :p

As it stands both can play. Bond comes in for the retiring O'Brien as the only change if Vettori stays at six.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
As it stands both can play. Bond comes in for the retiring O'Brien as the only change if Vettori stays at six.

There is no way playing four quicks who can't bat is going to become the norm!! :-O

When Ryder comes back he can be back to fifth bowler duties and we can play 3 quicks.

Howsie

International Captain
- He's 10K's quicker
- He swings the ball
- He get's more bounce

This pitch is a road so I'm not going to base too many things on how both these bowlers go today, but I don't suspect Tuffey to do much today.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Southee :happy: Bowling 140K's and swinging it, why wasn't he playing in Wellington again?
Aye? Yes he is swinging itm but not with a huge amount of accuracy. 140's? I saw him bowl one above 139, it was the ball after he took a wicket and it went wide down the leg side.

Amazing how taking one wicket turns a guy into a speeding swing bowler.

Flem274*

123/5
There is no way playing four quicks who can't bat is going to become the norm!! :-O

When Ryder comes back he can be back to fifth bowler duties and we can play 3 quicks.
Who's gonna bat up the order though and will the score as many runs as a tailender? :p

In all seriousness, a top order of Watling/Gap/Guptill/Taylor/Ryder/Vettori deserves consideration. The thinking could be to cut our losses and focus on our strength which is bowling.

Would personally lean towards one more batsman with Vettori back at eight. If the selectors were to do the above though I'd hope they didn't pick a lesser bowler who can bat a bit to strengthen the lower order but throw down lesser bowling than a Southee or Tuffey or whoever.

O'Brilliant! Loving the aggression he bowls with.