• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
CdG sending a stump cartwheeling out of the ground in test cricket is not something I'd expect to see*

*except when he was batting maybe

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is de Grandhomme allowed to wear a fake nose and moustache?
He can do as he pleases now. Best of the bowlers and a good reward for him. Always a nice moment when a bloke takes his first test pole.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've got nothing against CdG but I assumed Neesham must've been injured when I saw he made the eleven. I actually thought it was a good call when I assumed that, but apparently Neesham's fine. What gives?
Adding to this, if the rationale is that they think these conditions will suit CdG's bowling more than Neesham's, I'd still argue that Neesham should be playing as a bat ahead of Nicholls anyway.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
goddamnit if colin de ****ing grandhomme can bowl a ball like that on this deck then henry would've been unplayable

absolute peach taking nothing away from him though, just so salty about how henry has been treated

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I for one look forward to Southee's second spell where inspired by the skill of de Grandhomme, he pulls his ****ing head in.

Blocky

Banned
goddamnit if colin de ****ing grandhomme can bowl a ball like that on this deck then henry would've been unplayable

absolute peach taking nothing away from him though, just so salty about how henry has been treated
6 tests, 16 wickets @ 55.

And he's been treated unfairly? Even Southee's period of mud for the last 12 months produce better stats than that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smali long been known as one of the better Gambhirers in world cricket. Expecting a masterclass here today.

listento_me

U19 Captain
who's this grandhomme guy?

looks like he has time traveled from the 1980s...minus the pace.

but he has been getting good swing and his line is very good.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
6 tests, 16 wickets @ 55.

And he's been treated unfairly? Even Southee's period of mud for the last 12 months produce better stats than that.
He's been played as a third seamer on some of the flattest decks known to man which is not a role which suits his style of bowling at all. He's a new ball bowler who exploits movement off the surface so deserves a decent run of games with the new ball in hand.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
looking at that replay of azhar getting bowled. Did the ball hit a crack and came in?

babar azam at 3? Might as well call out pak 40/2