• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's a fair call, although what we generally do is knee jerk, so if he happens to bowl well here we'll take it to mean he's dominant and it wasn't the conditions.

Williamson needs to bench Southee and give Wagner a crack earlier than expected. These guys will get more and more comfortable out there the way this is going, especially with how stupidly short these two are bowling.
I agree that Henry is going to be more effective here than most conditions, but I don't think he's as bad as, say Doug Bracewell in that regard.

JFC, CDG our first change...

Blocky

Banned
What in the blue ****? Do they forget that Wagner is actually a swing bowler? Not just a reverse swing bowler?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
do the selectors not remember what happened last time we dropped southee? some guys work with unwavering confidence and I get that but southee is clearly a dude who responds to a good kick up the ass.

Blocky

Banned
Ironically if you combined the two lengths that DeG and Boult had bowled, and took the average of them both, they'd be on the right length.

Also, kneejerking... but that over leaves me with the belief that DeG is a better bowler than Neesham.

smash84

The Tiger King
at least NZ aren't leaking runs. A RR of 1 per over. Pakistan 100/3 at the end of day 2. NZ won't mind this

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Is CdG's pick one of those "he moved from a foreign country to play here so we have to give him his token Test" ones?

See also: KvW

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've got nothing against CdG but I assumed Neesham must've been injured when I saw he made the eleven. I actually thought it was a good call when I assumed that, but apparently Neesham's fine. What gives?