• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

biased indian

International Coach
The floodlights cannot be used in these conditions. In order to use artificial lights in Test matchs a Memorandum of Understanding has to be signed between the two boards agreeing to amend the playing conditions to allow the use of lights. But, with Delhi not having lights, the two boards, for the sake of consistency through the series, did not agree to use the floodlights.

Amazingly someone has turned on the lights at the Chinnaswamy Stadium. Now we'll have to wait till the lights go off and then take another reading to see if the light has improved at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Indian Captain protects Pakistani batsmen from Anil Kumble's bowling and denies India a 2-0 win !!
**** you are annoying. You don't agree with the declaration. That is fine. However, that does not mean that you keep posting it million times. I thought that it was a good declaration. Then, after some inspired bowling, India has come close to winning the game as well. We won the series 1-0 and I am very happy.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Agreed with Pratyush here, just cause of some brilliant bowling towards the end of the game, we created a somewhat good chance of winning, otherwise there was no chance of winning IMO. End of the day we have the series locked up at 1-0 so we practically are not losing anything here.

Bouncer

State Regular
**** you are annoying. You don't agree with the declaration. That is fine. However, that does not mean that you keep posting it million times. I thought that it was a good declaration. Then, after some inspired bowling, India has come close to winning the game as well. We won the series 1-0 and I am very happy.
SJS -- Didnt i tell u?
Sometimes, it becomes very hard to explain cricket to people who follow the game ouutaa Patriotism and not for their love of game

biased indian

International Coach
No dont think so..thye should have declared @ lunch..314 runs from 60 overs on this pitch was nevr going to happen....if they were happy with 1-0 why they declared ..could have batted on ..bowling only 48 overs was nevr a good idea particularly when pakistan was bowling at slow over rate they only bowled 25 overs in the first session...ther was no way in the world pakistan was going to chase 315 in 60 overs....2-0 is always way way better than 1-0

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS -- Didnt i tell u?
Yes you did. We struggle to put any kind of sense and objectivity before misplaced nationalism. :)
8-) A case can be made that you guys are being difficult and not me - you are sitting with your fat asses in front of the TV sets and want a competitive game when the team interest lies in declaring a bit later. Then, when that doesn't happen, you all cry foul.

However, I haven't gone to insult you guys. You instead start saying it is difficult to explain cricket to people who are coloured by patriotism and all that ****. I would have argued the same regarding the declaration whether it was Sri Lanka playing New Zealand or Namibia playing Japan. So don't try to take the higher plane by saying it is because of some patriotic ****.

I pity people who cannot accept that others can have a different opinion and then start labelling them because of it.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
No, he's no longer "explaining cricket", just shouting out loud. SJS, you're one of the most respected posters on here in my eyes ... but really, get over it.
Yes I am shouting. Because I am disgusted. I can stand the fact that out cricketers are not good enough. I can stand that others play better than us and beat us. What I cant stand is idiocy and mediocrity and being content with laurels once won. Then we might as well pack the side (after winning the first test) with eleven batsmen and just bat and bat and bat,

If it did not make sense to declare earlier, what sense did it make to declare later when he did ?

Of course Pakistan wouldnt have scored the 320 runs they would have to score in 60 overs if Kumble declared earlier but if you cant get them in 60 overs how are you going to get them in 48? Then why not just bat on till you are all out ?

Yes I am shouting (in a symbolic way because of my use of the largest fonts and bold letters) but if I had used normal font it the meaning of what I am trying to convey wouldn't have changed.

AND I am upset BECAUSE I am an Indian and would want to win 2-0 if possible. And I would not have given them a chance to win. 320 in 60 overs was not going to happen for Pakistan. I am sure I am not alone in this.

Bouncer

State Regular
8-) A case can be made that you guys are being difficult and not me - you are sitting with your fat asses in front of the TV sets and want a competitive game when the team interest lies in declaring a bit later. Then, when that doesn't happen, you all cry foul.

However, I haven't gone to insult you guys. You instead start saying it is difficult to explain cricket to people who are coloured by patriotism and all that ****. I would have argued the same regarding the declaration whether it was Sri Lanka playing New Zealand or Namibia playing Japan. So don't try to take the higher plane by saying it is because of some patriotic ****.

I pity people who cannot accept that others can have a different opinion and then start labelling them because of it.
he is shouting coz Unlike you he knows the game, he understood the value of 2-0 to buildup moral of people like coz he already knows game too well and his moral, understanding of game needs No learning......

and as far sitting on ass comment is concern, i m sure he has been playing game since b4 u were concieved.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
he is shouting coz Unlike you he knows the game, he understood the value of 2-0 to buildup moral of people like coz he already knows game too well and his moral, understanding of game needs No learning......

and as far sitting on ass comment is concern, i m sure he has been playing game since b4 u were concieved.
Don't divert from the point. You make the ALLEGATION that the judgement is clouted by patriotism. How is it clouted by patriotism when I would have made the same argument whichever team was playing? I am here to discuss cricket, not to face insulting personal remarks about how my cricketing judgement is crap because of nationality and all that. I wouldn't insult any one like that I would think that people with decency would have the common sense to do the same. Very poor stuff from you and Sanwarjeet Singh.

Regarding concieved and all that ****. I didn't actually go into insulting you guys. SJS watching cricket longer mean that he knows more cricket than me or I cannot have a different opinion than him. Laloo Prasad Yadav was playing cricket before you were concieved. Doesn't mean he knows more than you. (Don't start giving me your birth date now cos I can't be arsed whatever it is)

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Yes I am shouting. Because I am disgusted. I can stand the fact that out cricketers are not good enough. I can stand that others play better than us and beat us. What I cant stand is idiocy and mediocrity and being content with laurels once won. Then we might as well pack the side (after winning the first test) with eleven batsmen and just bat and bat and bat,

If it did not make sense to declare earlier, what sense did it make to declare later when he did ?

Of course Pakistan wouldnt have scored the 320 runs they would have to score in 60 overs if Kumble declared earlier but if you cant get them in 60 overs how are you going to get them in 48? Then why not just bat on till you are all out ?

Yes I am shouting (in a symbolic way because of my use of the largest fonts and bold letters) but if I had used normal font it the meaning of what I am trying to convey wouldn't have changed.

AND I am upset BECAUSE I am an Indian and would want to win 2-0 if possible. And I would not have given them a chance to win. 320 in 60 overs was not going to happen for Pakistan. I am sure I am not alone in this.
Tell you what, I checked in on the test when Karthik was batting in the 40s and the delayed declaration made sense to me. 2-0 is better than 1-0, yes (though it's not that important really) ... but we have an inexperienced, underconfident and out-of-form opener in Karthik who is about to face the best side in the world in the toughest tour in cricket in less than a month. Tell me, what makes more sense?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
After the Delhi win, Pakistan has been batting against us on equal terms and have made our bowling look impotent on our home soil. Suddenly in this series it was beginning to look that India and Pakistan were equally bad (or good if you please) sides. The absence of the Pakistani bowlers through injury did start giving the impression that at full strength they may have even got the better of us since our bowling was looking very ordinary.

Here was a chance to change that and turn the very close series to a completely dominating 2-0 result. Whats wrong with that ? It would have sent the team to Australia on a fantastic high.

I have no love for those who, like Sobers did once, declare recklessly but where was the recklessness in declaring with 60 overs and 320 runs to go ? Not o this wicket. If o this wicket we dont think we can defend 320 in 60 overs on the last day, last session, we must be the team with the worse opinion of itself in world cricket.

This is worse than losing a game. This shows that we are timid and a timid team under a timid captain doesn't have a hope in hell in Australia.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tell you what, I checked in on the test when Karthik was batting in the 40s and the delayed declaration made sense to me. 2-0 is better than 1-0, yes (though it's not that important really) ... but we have an inexperienced, underconfident and out-of-form opener in Karthik who is about to face the best side in the world in the toughest tour in cricket in less than a month. Tell me, what makes more sense?
Yes I thought of that but if Kumble wanted Karthik to get a few runs, what prevented him for sending him instead of Laxman at number five ?

biased indian

International Coach
And in the other thread u say that karthick has not been selected and thats good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they could have send karthick and Gambir as openers ???or atleast ahead of Laxman..and if laxman had got serious injury it would have been an even worse decision thank god atleast he will be touring now

biased indian

International Coach
we may not have still won with even 60 overs..but we could have told that we tried..thats wat we did in kolkata...but why they didnt do that here and ona even bad pitch to bat on....really i feel very very bad

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
With Pratyush all the way here. Some pretty poor stuff in this thread as well. You'd think India had just been thrashed by 500 runs reading some of this crap. Accusing people of having poor knowledge of the game or acting out of emotion only merely because they disagree is way out of line as well imo. Very poor stuff. As Pratyush said, it really is insulting.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
And in the other thread u say that karthick has not been selected and thats good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they could have send karthick and Gambir as openers ???or atleast ahead of Laxman..and if laxman had got serious injury it would have been an even worse decision thank god atleast he will be touring now
1) Please read properly. Kartik vs Karthik ...
2) I can understand Kumble's decision but I don't have time to waste arguing or even trying to convey it to you.
3) Laxman's injury ... are you seriously using that as a reason for an early declaration now?

Done with this. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow and not have to read Parthiv, Gambhir or Agarkar's names in the squad.