• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Part of the reason for the impression that Pakistan are bowling poorly is because England have been going after every loose ball. If you try to go after every loose ball you are going to make misjudgements and get out.
Nah... if the ball was swinging considerable then I would agree, but you have to try punish poor bowling. Can`t just stand their and block, particularly with the threat of Shah.

Shady Slim

International Coach
let's take a moment to acknowledge that at the time of this post, wes hall has a higher batting average than england's current #4

greg

International Debutant
Nah... if the ball was swinging considerable then I would agree, but you have to try punish poor bowling. Can`t just stand their and block, particularly with the threat of Shah.
I'm not saying you shouldn't try to hit bad balls (as a general rule). Just that you shouldn't be surprised that we're losing wickets at the same time. 36-2 off 8 is no better than 36-2 off 20.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Under that lid Vince looks a bit like Chris Tavare

..... but thankfully not after the bowler releases the ball

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
longevity depends on circumstance imo

if there are three more tight lbws against him to yasir in the next three innings it'd be a bit more harsh to drop him than three hoicks and misses to yasir

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
The thing with Vince is a lot of the players jettisoned have tonned up earlier in their careers then proceeded to struggle.

He's barely got past 20.