• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Niall

International Coach
1 good ball aside this has been awful from Pakistan so far.
Its somewhat of an overrated bowling line up to be fair and an absolute shadow of the 2010 attack. Their was huge debate over which two from Rahat/Imran/Sohail/Riaz they would go with it before this test and you can understand why when watching this. I'd be shocked if at least one of the 2 picked were not dropped before end of the series.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
I think the tactic is just to bowl whatever fairly quickly until the ball is old enough that Yasir can take it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Its somewhat of an overrated bowling line up to be fair and an absolute shadow of the 2010 attack. Their was huge debate over which two from Rahat/Imran/Sohail/Riaz they would go with it before this test and you can understand why when watching this. I'd be shocked if at least one of the 2 picked were not dropped before end of the series.
I think Imran Khan has been hard done to, he bowled well against us in the UAE and would add more variety to the attack than Rahat.

91Jmay

International Coach
Really poor shot that from Hales. Clearly is a tactic, reckon we could get rolled here if we aren't careful.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Get Hameed in for the second Test - that was disgraceful - Hales should be banished for pulling a stunt like that

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it just me or is Amir bowling much slower than he used to? I remember him being closer the 90+mph mark?

greg

International Debutant
Part of the reason for the impression that Pakistan are bowling poorly is because England have been going after every loose ball. If you try to go after every loose ball you are going to make misjudgements and get out.

Niall

International Coach
I'm going to stop bagging Rahat Ali now.
Ha, I was in the process of writing a post agreeing with your point.

We are both idiots:laugh:

Rahat is an absolute enigma, can bowl some corkers, but if you get on top of him, he is very fragile, that is why he has been in and out of the test side.