• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

smash84

The Tiger King
i wanted to comment before the last ball of the day hoping for azhar not to get out on the last ball of the day. But I thought "he won't be that stupid....'

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I'd imagine the England team won't be too chuffed at a second slow pitch from 3.

With that said. Well batted Pakistan. Still life in this test but England need to have a rethink about bowling on these kind of wickets (which we really shouldn't be putting up against sub contintent teams at home)

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah great day for Pakistan. We need to take 100-7 at almost worst to save the match. Bowled like idiots, pitch was flatter than I thought (although still enough there if you bowl well).

Compton

International Debutant
Huge moment. Gives England a lift and exposes Misbah to a newish ball tomorrow morning.

Pakistan still in a great position, but not as good as if he hadn't played that shot.

Niall

International Coach
Misjudgement that from Azhar which takes a bit of the shine off the day. Pakistan's day, but with this abysmal tail and Younis not exactly inspiring confidence, England very much in it as England simply can't bowl as poorly tomorrow as they have all day.

Niall

International Coach
I'd imagine the England team won't be too chuffed at a second slow pitch from 3.

With that said. Well batted Pakistan. Still life in this test but England need to have a rethink about bowling on these kind of wickets (which we really shouldn't be putting up against sub contintent teams at home)
A lot of issues, but I suspect the logic is a slower pitch probably ensures we get a longer match thus more money for everyone involved. Seamers paradise in this era probably means a three day test.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
257 for 3 . Going to enjoy watching the highlights tonight . Seems like Pakistan had a good days cricket.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I say it doesn't matter but if England completely forget about this terrible day and come out as if it's the start of a new innings tomorrow they aren't completely out of it. Have to think how to enforce a collapse, which is essentially Anderson and Woakes with a new ball field going after Younis and Misbah from the start, get into Sarfraz early. Easier said than done.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
A lot of issues, but I suspect the logic is a slower pitch probably ensures we get a longer match thus more money for everyone involved. Seamers paradise in this era probably means a three day test.
They're insured against early finishes I thought?

No need for a seamers paradise. Harder pitch like Old Trafford and you see what happens.

They showed at the start of the game that the pitch against the Ozzie's last year was much harder (the groundsman can measure nowadays) I realise that the weather has been really wet this year but we really should be rolling out faster pitches against Pakistan.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The one positive for England is Pakistan only scoring 259 runs in the day. Having basically batted all day only losing 1 wicket (lost a wicket with the 4th and last balls of the day) they probably ought to have scored more (I'll disclaim this by saying I saw little play other than a bit of the last hour so don't know how the pitch has played.)

Still nicely poised. Should be a good day's play tomorrow.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anderson what an ***.. anyone else who braved like that would get a hefty fine/game ban..hope he gets the first rather than the last..grow up and starting like a five year old...
Not seen a ball of today's play so can someone tell me what this is about