• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weeks of excitement and anticipation, sleepless nights, restless days at work and on the even of the match, I am nervous. They are going to be 80 all out before lunch :(
This team takes an emotional toll on me
At least you are keeping upbeat and positive... :)

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Serious question before I catch the train to work.. Why isn't there a test at Headingly,only an ODI?

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am pretty relaxed for this. This is an era of home pitches bullying even if Pakistan gets spanked here which they will no big deal. We are 5-0 vs England in Uae so if we can somehow nick a test here we beat them on away goal rules.:sleep::sleep:

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Cool. Pity then,as there would have been a lot of support there for Pakistan .
Have to see if I can get tickets for the ODI then.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard to see Pakistan's batsmen doing well enough for it to be a competitive series, but I am nonetheless absolutely pumped for this.

Similar concerns about the discipline and fitness of the bowlers. Amir is awesome, yes, but how well will he be bowling after 20 overs a day? And will there be consistent pressure from the other end?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am pretty relaxed for this. This is an era of home pitches bullying even if Pakistan gets spanked here which they will no big deal. We are 5-0 vs England in Uae so if we can somehow nick a test here we beat them on away goal rules.:sleep::sleep:
If only winning at home in UAE was the same as winning at home in England/Australia

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Given no first class match at Lord's this season has produced a result yet I think it is nailed on that this will be a draw and a boring one as both sides will be able to bat for a long time in comfort.
Yep, and at 3.50 for the draw I reckon that's where the smart money will be.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah gorgeous morning in Brighton, hope it stays like this. No doubt Lords will have its normal useless pitch however.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah i am cautiously optimistic. Not going to be a world beater but does enough with the ball at about mid 80s and bowls a nice full length.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I love the smell of a new Test series in the morning.

And I've just finished teaching for the summer. This is a good day

Howe_zat

Audio File
When was the last time a Lords Test was a draw without rain? Nailed on draw seems unlikely to me if the weather holds. Lords pitch has plenty of runs in it but at least there's bounce and carry

91Jmay

International Coach
Good move, get 300+ and you'll be in the game I think. Don't see this England side piling up massive runs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan out to disprove the idea that left arm bowlers add variety to the attack. I wonder if there's been a match where one team bowled all right arm seam and the other team bowled all left arm seam.

Fwiw I think Rahat can consider himself fortunate to be picked.

Last edited: