• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Nauq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
quite agree with this. They do look decent on paper. The memories of their last outing outside the UAE still must be haunting them.
Well Hafeez can't bat If the ball swings. Shan Masood might not have faced this kind of bowling in these conditions.
Younis might play well. Misbah is not great at playing against fast bowling in any conditions so I don't know.
Pakistan can only win If England have bad days.
But I do hope they win a couple of games.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mark Wood bowled quickly and well for Durham in T20 the other day. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in contention for 3rd test onwards.
Would be interesting to see how much he has developed. Certainly has potential if he can control his radar and develop a bit more.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark Wood bowled quickly and well for Durham in T20 the other day. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in contention for 3rd test onwards.
Happy for him. Glad he is playing for England Lions now.. Don't want to see him against Pakistan but I'd really like for him to be back in the squad.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Pakistan will collapse terribly and some commentator will suggest they did it for coin. Pakistan will refute this vociferously and demand an apology. Commentator will refuse to apologise and Pakistan will contemplate going home, but won't.
All that's missing is Darrell Hair umpiring.

smash84

The Tiger King
i was thinking that the series would start on the 13th. Was so disappointed to learn it starting on the 14th

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh man that's hilarious. Seriously funny stuff. In fact CW should have a filter that replaces Haq with Hack.

Keep em coming Compton

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I won't be surprised if I am the only Indian staying in the UK who will passionately support Pakistan in this series.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think the first test is a wonderful betting opportunity. I think Pakistan has at least the same chance as England. England batting order has at least 3 black holes (Hales, Ballance, Vince). Their bowling is good - but James Anderson's absence will test them on this flat Lord's track against a very experienced middle-order. I'm expecting great things from Amir, and Yasir Shah can be quite handful against England's lower-middle order which is largely untested against top-quality spin at best (I'll really miss James Taylor for the first time).

4.5 is a great odd under these circumstances. I've grabbed it with both hands.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Weeks of excitement and anticipation, sleepless nights, restless days at work and on the even of the match, I am nervous. They are going to be 80 all out before lunch :(
This team takes an emotional toll on me

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given no first class match at Lord's this season has produced a result yet I think it is nailed on that this will be a draw and a boring one as both sides will be able to bat for a long time in comfort.