• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit to Masood for hanging on but he's not exactly going to push the game in Pakistan's direction. Matter of time before he gets a ball with his name on it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have to say I'm coming to the conclusion that Chris Woakes might not be quite the waste of space I may have thought he was.

tooextracool

International Coach
What do you mean on the verge?! They're 4/**** all as it is. Another one would have just completed it.
Not sure if that is necessarily true, the wicket of Rahat Ali does not really deserve to be considered as part of a collapse. In Misbah and Shafiq, their two best batsmen are not dismissed. It is a tall order for sure, and Pakistan will need to figure out how they are going to survive the tour with Younus looking like a car crash waiting to happen and Azhar Ali's struggles with the full straight ball.

tooextracool

International Coach
tbf there aren't any replacements in the waiting either so its not like this is an easy option
Just had a look at the reserves in the squad and am astonished at their mediocre FC records. Would it be opening Pandora's box to wonder why Fawad Alam is not even in the squad?

91Jmay

International Coach
I'm pulling a name out of my arse, but he can't be older than Misbah/Younis, is Taufiq Umar still around? He was a decent player I always thought, could play swing bowling ok.

tooextracool

International Coach
Now that is a name I have not heard for a while. If some of the rumors are true, then we will very likely see another name from the past - Salman Butt - back in the squad soon especially considering Hafeez's travails this summer. Hard to believe that he is only 31 years old.

Niall

International Coach
I'm pulling a name out of my arse, but he can't be older than Misbah/Younis, is Taufiq Umar still around? He was a decent player I always thought, could play swing bowling ok.
One of the rules of the MCL in the UAE you had to retire from international cricket to play it and he has. Even so he has barely made a squad in the last few years and a lot of his reputation overseas was when he bashed South Africa which I think was 15 years ago. Sami Aslam is the back up opener will get a chance in this series and Babar Azam will be drafted into the middle order once of the old vanishes also

I'd assume once they feel that he longer is a ****, Shezhad will also be brought back into the mix.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say I'm coming to the conclusion that Chris Woakes might not be quite the waste of space I may have thought he was.
Agreed.

Have to say those selectors who are getting slagged off for the Anderson/Lord's issue deserve a lot of credit for sticking by Woakes after a bit of a nothing start to his career and a disaster in his last match. If he had been dropped for good nobody would have really argued, he has shown the faith in him was justified.

91Jmay

International Coach
That 9fer saved his career.

On the Pakistani opener front, what about that fat lad who played in T20s - think has signed for Essex maybe?

smash84

The Tiger King
Just had a look at the reserves in the squad and am astonished at their mediocre FC records. Would it be opening Pandora's box to wonder why Fawad Alam is not even in the squad?
Fawad Alam is a strange omission. His domestic record is excellent but for some reason the selectors don't think highly of him because he can't hit sixes and lacks the power to step on the gas. Also there seems to be some bias against him I reckon. Quite like another player like Sadaf Hussain in domestic cricket.

Niall

International Coach
That 9fer saved his career.

On the Pakistani opener front, what about that fat lad who played in T20s - think has signed for Essex maybe?
Sharjeel?

He is on the A tour and did okish in the first class matches, but didn't kick the door down either.

His four day numbers are pretty underwhelming, it could work, but I suspect like Jamshed he'd fail horribly in test cricket which would then impact him in the formats where he may actually make a difference in.

Niall

International Coach
Fawad Alam is a strange omission. His domestic record is excellent but for some reason the selectors don't think highly of him because he can't hit sixes and lacks the power to step on the gas. Also there seems to be some bias against him I reckon. Quite like another player like Sadaf Hussain in domestic cricket.
Sadaf has been treated poorly, but has not helped his cause by crying quite a bit in the press. Fawad probably in contention once Misbah and Younis retire, however for now, he is behind Babar when it comes to selection.

He'd make no difference in this tour whatsoever though.

Niall

International Coach
One of the rules of the MCL in the UAE you had to retire from international cricket to play it and he has. Even so he has barely made a squad in the last few years and a lot of his reputation overseas was when he bashed South Africa which I think was 15 years ago. Sami Aslam is the back up opener will get a chance in this series and Babar Azam will be drafted into the middle order once of the old vanishes also

I'd assume once they feel that he longer is a ****, Shezhad will also be brought back into the mix.

Actually just remembered Manzoor, must be due a recall by now:laugh: