• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
OK, it has to be said, Cook's innings was fantastic, it was brilliant to watch and i'm very happy for him. But its actually quite worrying how many of England's batsmen have had to play these 'last chance saloon', career-saving innings. Strauss hit that 177 in Napier; Bell has had several of them, most recently in South Africa last year; Colly did it at Edgbaston against SA; Cook has now done it twice (first against SA again, in Durban last year); and I'm pretty sure there's one round the corner for KP, considering he's been out of nick for over a year now...

...anyway all of this shows that there is no consistency to our batting lineup - we have a go at Anderson for it but our entire batting lineup seems to go through huge peaks and troughs constantly. I know i'm a doom merchant but its pretty worrying for the future...
Does the 88 which he scored after being given 3 lives count? :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
Fell asleep during Trott's vigil, annoying.

England can still easily win this by 60 runs if Jimmy can get the ball to swing.

Probably not the time or place for it, but all those who loled at Australia's batting in England and then started making fanciful Ashes predictions...England haven't done much better tbh. /bitter

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's that time again. Go out before I smash something.

Then wait for some arsehole to come out for the interview this evening and answer the 'complacency' question with some horse**** about how they've played 100% and done all the warm-ups etc.

Lazy overpaid ****wits.
Hahaha brilliant, in the middle of this classic example of a good old fashioned England collapse I said to Henry, I bet Scaly is going mental right now. Reading this thread just now did not disappoint.

Was a brilliant days test cricket really, Cook so lucky early on but played really well once he got in, and the way he got to his hundred was great, we were right near where Asif was fielding and got a heroes reception which he dealt with very well to be fair to him.

Trott was bloody dull and we welcomed Cooks dismissal to give a chance to see old KP, what followed was of course less welcome but there is no better cricket to watch than a batting collapse in a test match.

Obviously some bloody poor shots in there, Collingwood's seemed especially bad.

Sir Alex

Banned
we're ****ed, let's be honest.

Hope broad can biff a few tomorrow & maybe stretch it to a 170 lead, but less than confident. Kudos to cook for a doughty knock under pressure (personally think he'd have been given lords to prove himself anyway, but his place was clearly under consideration at least), but the middle order disgraced itself again. Colly and trott both got out to penisy shots and, even allowing for morgan not picked the throwsra, all the kings horses and all the kings men could marched through the gap he was bowled through.
8-)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, tend to agree with the rolleyes. You've got to play the referee's call, and Ajmal has not been cited in ages (iirc). Hence, so far as the rules go, it's a legal action. Gets tedious hearing the same digs at it over and over. Even if you want to debate that ruling, tour thread's not really the place.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aggers did mention increased muttering about it in his article tonight to be fair but yeah agree if he has not been cited then that is that.

Would not want to make any judgements about it myself but after watching it side on for a good chunk of the afternoon there is little doubt it wins few marks for aesthetics.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Akmal is looking quite good on the highlights with the gloves. The caught behind down the leg side and the caught behind off Anderson were both solid.
Great character by Pakistan to fight back late in the day. They could easily have given up. Very good for the bowlers that the catches, e.g. the one at gully are being held.

Yousuf made a massive difference to the batting in Pak's inning. While I was watching him he looked rusty so he should improve with each inning. One player can make a big difference when you don't have much depth in your team.

Will be a good day to be a Pak fan if they can win today. Pak are an unpredictable team so I think anything could happen today.

Suprised that Asif was not charged for doing the exact same thing as broad, but I suppose the umpires did not want to get into a political standoff.

Faisal1985

Akmal is looking quite good on the highlights with the gloves. The caught behind down the leg side and the caught behind off Anderson were both solid.
Great character by Pakistan to fight back late in the day. They could easily have given up. Very good for the bowlers that the catches, e.g. the one at gully are being held.

Yousuf made a massive difference to the batting in Pak's inning. While I was watching him he looked rusty so he should improve with each inning. One player can make a big difference when you don't have much depth in your team.

Will be a good day to be a Pak fan if they can win today. Pak are an unpredictable team so I think anything could happen today.
Indeed, Yousuf's return has brought a huge boost to Pak's batting line up...don't know if there is something about his influencing ability that Azhar played so well...News is that YK might be back for next test....it would such a relief for a Pak fan to see these 2 back in the middle...

JBH001

International Regular
I'd love to see Pakistan win this test and then tie the series 2 - 2.

I am not confident of their batting line-up in any sort of chase over 150 - 200 though.

Faisal1985

That is big news. Where did you hear that YK will be back?
PCB clears way for Younis' comeback - News - Cricket Next

Read this...more like an inside story which is hard to confirm..but this website is pretty good with this stuff..

Also i am not that surprised because mr. Ijaz Butt is coming under stiff pressure from the Parliament's sports committee....apparently there was a very strong voice in the parliament who wrote to the president about Ijaz Butt's incompetence and his removal...so i guess the president told him to get his act together or may be not..but there is quite some pressure in Pakistan as everyone wants his head for what he did to YK and MoYo and over all to Pakistan's cricket..

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
"The board and selectors should be making an official announcement in next few days about Younis Khan. But if the tour selection committee and selectors in Pakistan agree then he might be flown to England to join the team for the fourth and final Test," one source said.
I don't think it is a done deal that they will select him. Butt is on record saying that they don't necessarily need the two Y's so if he gets any input he might say no. I do hope that common sense prevails however and that he is selected.

Who would YK come into the team in replacement of?

Faisal1985

I don't think it is a done deal that they will select him. Butt is on record saying that they don't necessarily need the two Y's so if he gets any input he might say no. I do hope that common sense prevails however and that he is selected.

Who would YK come into the team in replacement of?
Yes i agree Butt may say no..and by far its not a done deal...its just an inside report that there is a high chance he may get back in.....

But trust me if Ijaz Butt says yes then the little Butt has little choice about it...

Ideally he should replace Farhat. Open with Butt and Hameed and Younis takes one down spot ...2 down Yousuf and then Umar...Azhar and so on...that makes a very good line up for fourth test....if Pak manages to win this one tomorrow and YK comes in for 4th they may have a chance to draw the series after all...