• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Is Sami actually doing anything too out of the ordinary though?

He's always been borderline express, and he's always been able to bowl fullish and straightish.

That stat about him conceding 100+ 15 times is extraordinary. I might have to do a bit of statsguruing on him. Might it be fair to say his average has been inflated because he's been the "go to guy" on a succession of belters- possibly because, with his extra pace, he "looked dangerous"?
don't remember exactly every test he played but i do know that he played a lot of tests on flat tracks and bowled a lot of overs......his best figures i think are in Australia 5/36 ....so perhaps didn't play enough tests on good or reasonable pitches...also mostly he bowled along side Akhtar....and i think his confidence was not their when most of the ppl cared about Akhtar and his speed and pretty much ignored Sami.......

To me i think the difference from older Sami is that 1 his confidence is quite high.....2 he is moving the ball a lot more.....that probably creates a problem for the batsman when ball is moving at good pace...

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
don't remember exactly every test he played but i do know that he played a lot of tests on flat tracks and bowled a lot of overs......his best figures i think are in Australia 5/36 ....so perhaps didn't play enough tests on good or reasonable pitches...also mostly he bowled along side Akhtar....and i think his confidence was not their when most of the ppl cared about Akhtar and his speed and pretty much ignored Sami.......

To me i think the difference from older Sami is that 1 his confidence is quite high.....2 he is moving the ball a lot more.....that probably creates a problem for the batsman when ball is moving at good pace...
Those figures were vs NZ on debut UIMM.

Always a good idea to leave a nice gap between bat and pad when the ball is moving a bit. Go fix the Aston Martin, knob-end.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Let's not lose our **** over Sami here, doubt he's seen conditions so good for pace bowling. He's bowled well but two of his wickets were gifts from crap shots (Phil Hughes, you are a shocker). He also took a couple of early poles last time he was in OZ then went the journey for the rest of the series. Sami's never had any trouble bowling a few knockout balls, it's the follow-up where he's struggled.

Michael Clarke, would be nice if you got some first innings runs for a change because your team needs them.

EDIT: **** me. Just a full straight ball, surely.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a gorgeous inswinger. Almost as pleasant on the eye as those Jen Hawkins pictures that C9 have been advertising.

Faisal1985

And finally Asif does his thing.....................Clarke cursing him out for being an ass and nipping that back in to him.....

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love Tubby talking about how they have to get through this tough little period and then Tony Greig yelling 'bowled him' just as he finished his sentence :laugh:

Great work Tubby.

Top_Cat

Really, really not liking North on this deck and in this situation.

EDIT: Commentators going on about a ball which barely moved, FFS. Test players should be able to keep out a ball which moves from off stump to middle, surely? Clarke's pad nowhere near it.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Gosh! Tony had to say that eh! killed all that excitement i was having ......

said "....mind you Pakistan still has to bat....."

Burgey

That was a gorgeous inswinger. Almost as pleasant on the eye as those Jen Hawkins pictures that C9 have been advertising.
Lot more curve on Hawko than there was on that tbf - decked back in a bit, but left a large gap.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
The real hope is that we have similar bowling conditions. If we can get to 180-200 we're not out of it by any means.