• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez that looked pretty damn high live. Wonder how he gave it tbh, justice done on referral.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Good use of the UDRS. Prevents game changing errors like these - system designed for errors precisely like this. I think the umpire might have thought there was an edge, rather than LBW.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Going to prove that he is now Australias best batsman I think

Really big innings for North as well coming up.
Agree. This innings will define the rest of North's career I feel. Testing conditions, good bowling, Australia in strife. Hope he bats well and secures his place to tell the truth.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, fell asleep during Gilligans Island and woke up to 3/14 :laugh:

I should be angry but these conditions in Australia are awesome!

Hussey can secure his career in one innings here.

thierry henry

International Coach
Is Sami actually doing anything too out of the ordinary though?

He's always been borderline express, and he's always been able to bowl fullish and straightish.

That stat about him conceding 100+ 15 times is extraordinary. I might have to do a bit of statsguruing on him. Might it be fair to say his average has been inflated because he's been the "go to guy" on a succession of belters- possibly because, with his extra pace, he "looked dangerous"?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

He's always been borderline express, and he's always been able to bowl fullish and straightish.

That stat about him conceding 100+ 15 times is extraordinary. I might have to do a bit of statsguruing on him. Might it be fair to say his average has been inflated because he's been the "go to guy" on a succession of belters- possibly because, with his extra pace, he "looked dangerous"?
Possibly but even accounting for belters if hes an attacking bowler he should have done better than 81 wickets in 33 tests.

pskov

International 12th Man

I guess maybe if he was born an Englishman so he spent more of his test career bowling on more favourable wickets in swinging conditions he would have better figures. But still, averaging more than 50 with the ball over more 30 plus tests is absolutely shocking no matter what the conditions or excuses he may have.

Last edited: