• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want a full pace attack. But Lyon i s a CA pet and will play even thou he is in pityful form. Sayers would be my choice as he is a genuine swing bowler... best suited to dusk with the pinkie. He has waited long enough to wear the baggy green.
Are you a Zampa fan?

TheJediBrah

A good deal of those "plays and misses" were in fact good technique as he subtely brought the bat inside the line of the ball. He was beaten fair and square a couple of times...but that was top draw seam bowling on a helpful deck. It would have troubled even a seasoned batsman. let alone a 20 year old rookie on debut.
very wishful thinking if you believe this. He didn't go chasing the ball, but in no way was he deliberately leaving them.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Are you a Zampa fan?
Jury is out on him..averages @50 SR 70 in FC cricket... hardly inspiring. For the moment he looks best suited to short format. I do have a lot of time thou for Ashton Agar and Fawad Ahmed. I would like to see both taken to India.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is my second anti-Renshaw post in a matter of days but I found it odd that he is outright 6th in betting to be the man of the match at $13, behind Australia's big 5 (Warner, Starc, Smith, Hazlewood, Khawaja).

There is money to be had if you think Pakistan is going to win - Amir and Misbah are favs at $15.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Funnily enough you're more likely to play and miss when you wait for the ball and play it under your eyes. Renshaw doesn't get his weight right through his front knee - stops him from hitting the ball as nicely as you'd like a lot of the time and restricts his scoring areas, but he didn't push his hands past the line of his eyes too often - which you see a lot of our guys do in recent times (think the Trent Bridge/Edgbaston 2015 Ashes).

Crickettragic18

Cricket Spectator
Jury is out on him..averages @50 SR 70 in FC cricket... hardly inspiring. For the moment he looks best suited to short format. I do have a lot of time thou for Ashton Agar and Fawad Ahmed. I would like to see both taken to India.
Ahmed can't get a game for Victoria, so he's no chance to go to India. We don't have a Spinner good enough to worry Indian batsman in India, there is no use trying, Warne wasn't good enough. When we won in 04-05 it was with Pace our 2 best bowlers where Gillespie 20 wkts @ 16.15 & McGrath 16 wkts @ 25.42. On similar wkts in Sri Lanka this year Mitch Starc was unplayable 24 wkts @ 15.16. Good Fast bowlers are a better bet on any Wicket than mediocre Spinners.

TheJediBrah

Ahmed can't get a game for Victoria, so he's no chance to go to India. We don't have a Spinner good enough to worry Indian batsman in India, there is no use trying, Warne wasn't good enough. When we won in 04-05 it was with Pace our 2 best bowlers where Gillespie 20 wkts @ 16.15 & McGrath 16 wkts @ 25.42. On similar wkts in Sri Lanka this year Mitch Starc was unplayable 24 wkts @ 15.16. Good Fast bowlers are a better bet on any Wicket than mediocre Spinners.
Fawad's Vic contract is up at the end of this year and from what I've heard he's already planned a return to Melbourne club cricket.

He's well and truly done.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Funnily enough you're more likely to play and miss when you wait for the ball and play it under your eyes. Renshaw doesn't get his weight right through his front knee - stops him from hitting the ball as nicely as you'd like a lot of the time and restricts his scoring areas, but he didn't push his hands past the line of his eyes too often - which you see a lot of our guys do in recent times (think the Trent Bridge/Edgbaston 2015 Ashes).
The fact he plays the ball under his eyes and does not push his hands past line of his eyes suggests he does have a sound technique. The other parts will fall into place in time. After all he is still only 20 years.

TheJediBrah

The fact he plays the ball under his eyes and does not push his hands past line of his eyes suggests he does have a sound technique. The other parts will fall into place in time. After all he is still only 20 years.
I don't think anyone disagrees, or is arguing that he's no good, or that he won't be a very good player

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The key is to play that way when you are defending but still hone your instincts enough to do the opposite when you are looking to attack the ball. And then, of course, there is the small matter of picking the right ball to do either.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Read a good sledge today:

Khawaja's fielding is so crap that the staff at the Gabba mistook him for a Pakistani cricketer.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Also if Star Sports doesnt telecast the match like they didnt against England vs Pakistan from 2nd test (?) I'll take up the issue with the supreme court

OverratedSanity

Last few months have had a constant stream of test cricket. Really sweet.

I still think Pakistan will sneak a test somewhere, probably the day nighter and I expect Amir and Younis to gun it.

smash84

The Tiger King
pakistan might not lose all of the tests, actually they might be able to save the D/N one if rain washes it out