• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
as it stands he's already probably Pakistan's 5th best pacemen ever... 6th at worst depending what you think of Shoaib.

Honestly with someone that special still in form and fit you'd be mad not to choose him. MAD

Gnske

I'm not sure Asif would be comfortable playing for Pakistan without getting his salary in brown paper bags.

Maybe the PCB can compromise, like Asif compromised them.

mr_mister

maybe you do a lot of growing up between 28-33

i mean im only 25 but i've done a lot of growing up from 20 to now

Crickettragic18

Cricket Spectator
I would like to take this chance to introduce myself. I have been following Aussie Cricket since 73.
Really looking forward to this Series, not a lot between these 2 teams on paper, Australia probably has an edge in Batting but Pakistan has a better Spinner. The 2 pace attacks are fairly even, expecting a huge series from Mitch Starc, could really make a mess of the Pakistan batting.
Living in the Brisbane area i have some concerns over early evening storms wrecking night sessions.

social

I would like to take this chance to introduce myself. I have been following Aussie Cricket since 73.
Really looking forward to this Series, not a lot between these 2 teams on paper, Australia probably has an edge in Batting but Pakistan has a better Spinner. The 2 pace attacks are fairly even, expecting a huge series from Mitch Starc, could really make a mess of the Pakistan batting.
Living in the Brisbane area i have some concerns over early evening storms wrecking night sessions.
Welcome

It's supposed to absolutely chuck it down from Friday onwards

I know the Gabba people are looking at ways to increase attendances but a day/nighter in Brisbane at this time of the year is really flirting with danger

Furthermore, we have had a lot of rain lately and the pitch is likely to be spicy enough as it is

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Judging by the way he batted against South Africa, no way. He'll be exposed as a batsman soon enough.
You are talking of his facing ball after ball that would have got out batsmen with worse techniques? I like Renshaw because he is a rarity these days...he puts a high price on his wicket. We have two others, Usman Khawaja and Steve Smith.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok if I call you CT? I too am new here and I too used to call myself CT as you would already know M. I think both Starc and Hazlewood will have too much class for the Pak batsmen. Hazey should pick out Younis or Misbah as his bunny like he did Amla. My only worry is the baggies penchant to go too hard at the ball..rather than play the swinging ball as late as possible.

Crickettragic18

Cricket Spectator
If last years Kiwi Test had been a day-nighter i doubt we would have got a single nights play, stormed every night within 1/2 hour of play ending.

Starfighter

Anyone else wanna nominate the third pacer? I suspect that they will stick with Bird but I don't think he bowled that well in Adelaide and I think Sayers deserves a go based on his red-hot domestic form and the likely conditions.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
I want a full pace attack. But Lyon i s a CA pet and will play even thou he is in pityful form. Sayers would be my choice as he is a genuine swing bowler... best suited to dusk with the pinkie. He has waited long enough to wear the baggy green.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Faulkner

also Renshaw was so ridiculously lucky in that 2nd innings in Adelaide, he literally played and missed 25-30 times, maybe more. 9 out of 10 innings he'd have been out half a dozen times during that knock.

adub

International Captain
No question Renshaw enjoyed a big slice of luck, but he kept his head and didn't go chasing them either. That's and awesome talent for an opener and even more noteworthy in his debut.

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Faulkner

also Renshaw was so ridiculously lucky in that 2nd innings in Adelaide, he literally played and missed 25-30 times, maybe more. 9 out of 10 innings he'd have been out half a dozen times during that knock.
A good deal of those "plays and misses" were in fact good technique as he subtely brought the bat inside the line of the ball. He was beaten fair and square a couple of times...but that was top draw seam bowling on a helpful deck. It would have troubled even a seasoned batsman. let alone a 20 year old rookie on debut.

Shady Slim

International Coach
interesting thing about renshaw the comms highlighted is that he didn't follow the swinging ball

ie once a line to defend was picked he stayed on it which meant he looked like a **** playing and missing but meant he didn't really go fishin' outside off