• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Into the tail already

well it's just like, your batting order has outright failed three out of four times this tour. and the other time most of it failed. and it sucked arse in the tour match too. so i dunno know. i'm just pointing out you haven't got this wrapped up. i mean if you only put up 150.....
:cool:

nah i'm messing around i hope the english middle order can make a game of this

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistani pacers can get wickets too. :cool:

But seriously Trott should still be batting. That left a sour taste in my mouth after seeing the DRS.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LOL @ that massive appeal from Gul!

Pitched a foot outside leg and then hit Strauss on the hip.

WTF.
He didn't appeal immediately, then he saw Akmal flailing his arms wildly about and squealing like a 10 year old girl, which made him second guess himself.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Seems like Strauss indicated no to Trott in terms of review. Commentators are right - he doesn't have the same angle so I'm not sure it's ideal to ask him (unless he thinks it's really obvious one way or another).

Maybe someone in the dressing room (or standing at the edge of the ground with a walkie talkie) can have some kind of signal (wave arms or something?) to indicate whether it looks good enough to review, or is that not allowed?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In American football, usually there is someone from the team up in the booth who signals down to the coach on the sideline if a play should be reviewed (it's usually very quick too). The review system in cricket seems to be loosely based on that (get 2 each, etc).

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Seems like Strauss indicated no to Trott in terms of review. Commentators are right - he doesn't have the same angle so I'm not sure it's ideal to ask him (unless he thinks it's really obvious one way or another).

Maybe someone in the dressing room (or standing at the edge of the ground with a walkie talkie) can have some kind of signal (wave arms or something?) to indicate whether it looks good enough to review, or is that not allowed?
Not allowed. You can only ask your batting partner.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must admit I thought it'd be an umpire's call. Was quite a way back in his crease.

Is it me or does Hawkeye seem a little leg-side biased today? Two that looked stone dead in the Pakistan innings were only rated as "umpire's calls".