• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
From the commentary it sounds as though If England had been particularly lucky Pakistan would have been all out before lunch, comfortably.
Coupla missed chances: Hafeez dropped by Strauss (or Prior not diving for an edge, if you prefer) off Broad for one and Akmal really should've been run out on three by Morgan. Had three stumps to aim at and he wasn't in the frame.

So the misses have cost us 15 so far. Unprofessional, tbh. :ph34r:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asad Shafiq's got a pretty good head on him hasn't he? Batted with a lot of maturity in his last couple of innings including this one. Hope Ajmal sticks around with him so they get to a substantial score.

Daemon

How does any of that relate to England not being particularly lucky otherwise Pakistan could have been all out before lunch?

Broad and Anderson went past the outside edge umpteen times, other edges went for runs. Two went to hand.
My point was that they were sort of lucky that some of the Pakistani batsmen made those mistakes.

Anyways, I admit I didn't really watch the first 10 or so overs of the game, as well as 15 minutes somewhere after that, so I guess I missed out on the edges and plays and misses.

Spikey

So 44-7 isn't blitzing them?

Not 21-9 is it?
well it's just like, your batting order has outright failed three out of four times this tour. and the other time most of it failed. and it sucked arse in the tour match too. so i dunno know. i'm just pointing out you haven't got this wrapped up. i mean if you only put up 150.....

Spark

Global Moderator
Well this thread has gotten pleasant real fast, eh?

Can the flaming, everyone. And the trolling/baiting left, right and centre.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Shafiq has shown promise . Two back to back fighting knocks. Akmal Jr could find it difficult to get back into the team

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I reckon anyone who talks up the English cricket team hasn't been English long enough.

Interesting interview with KP at lunch. When Nass asked him why, after smacking Warne around for fun on debut, what'd changed to make him struggle so much against spin now and Pietersen said "UDRS".

Interesting point, but pretty sure Kape's SLA travails predate the review system.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah because they didn't well enough in the first two Tests. Stop trolling ya sad ****. If you don't think the game holds any meaning at all then stop watching it and **** off out of the thread.
I'd like to apologise for this post as parts of it (well all of it basically) were clearly out of line. Sorry Burge; didn't mean anything personal by the generic insults obv.

I've been given an infraction for it, that I not only agree with entirely but actually suggested, which I guess just goes to show that mods are human too and are not only prone to brain snaps when under personal pressure but are responsible for them under the rules.

I can't help but feel partly responsible for the sort of awful posting that followed, but anyway guys, put a lid on the insults, trolling, baiting etc. This thread's under a close watch now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lame excuse from KP. How does a few more front foot LBWs being given translate to a complete lack of clarity in both footwork and shot selection?

smash84

The Tiger King
I've been given an infraction for it, that I not only agree with entirely but actually suggested, which I guess just goes to show that mods are human too and are not only prone to brain snaps when under personal pressure but are responsible for them under the rules.
lol....you removed the word "rare" before brain

Burgey

Sensible to have a third man. See so many cheap runs through there when the ball's moving around.

Spark

Global Moderator
Shafiq has shown promise . Two back to back fighting knocks. Akmal Jr could find it difficult to get back into the team
Got a lot of time for both Azhar and Shafiq. Sure, not the most talented or technically flawless players to ever exist but they've got plenty of one thing Pakistan have lacked at times - ticker.