• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They've been wanting to sack Carney all season and a load of bull**** he's pulled has been covered up all year. It's not a sackable offence but it was the excuse they needed to finally do it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Part of me reckons that he should be de-registered for the remainder of his contract, part of me also thinks that he shouldn't be stripped of his livelihood for that.

Personally I'd consider legal action against the mate.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
cronulla are ****ed now though, he may be a **** and it may be a terrible look for sponsors and such but the only time over the last few years that cronulla have been going well on and off the field is when carney was playing well last year.

this is a team with the worst backline in the comp and carney was the only person who at times made them look decent, without him they won't win another game this year and when they get all their players back on the park next season they'll still be ****ed because they won't have any good backs. with all the asada business and now what is the worst roster in the comp, they've got no chance of recruiting anyone but old ****s like ennis, and no sponsor is going to go near a team thats not winning games regardless if its full of cleanskins.

the cronulla sharks will be the perth sharks within 5 years, and i say get it over with and get rid of them now

morgieb

Apparently Arana Tumatua (sp?) has been linked with the Sharks.

And they just got rid of Carney.

****ing lol.

dermo

see this is the problem with the sharks now, they are such a basket case of a club more unattractive than even canberra, they are just not in the position to recruit any players of any note except for those with dodgy disciplinary records who are looking for a second chance. having secured probably the best one they've now gotten rid of him when i don't think they were in the position to do so. they'll be commended by a lot of people for taking a strong stance and if they'd kept him they no doubt would've copped a lot of criticism but at the end of the year no one will be talking about it and they'll still be getting flogged every week

uvelocity

International Coach
we were woeful. plenty of young talent but no football sense whatsoever. weak as piss up the middle in defence too - it was like they thought they weren't winning it with farah and woods out so lets not get injured and wait for next week (which will be a **** of a game)

it struck me how good moylan is though. was very good when he first came up to the top grade, but he's come along nicely since then.

had to mute the tv and put on music though. hadlee gives me the absolute ****s. complete numbnut. and the ads. what a **** afternoon.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing defense again so far from the Blues tonight

Incredible that they have won the series as aside from Hayne and a couple of isolated incidents, they have literally done nothing in attack

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Our halves have been absolutely abysmal. It's fun to bag out Pearce and every other nuffie we've put there but it's pretty incredible that we've broken the streak with what is imot the worst combo we've had.

Probably Thurston's worst series IMO. A few good passes but lots of dropped ball, getting caught on the 5th etc.

dermo

i've been saying reynolds is useless for years, that we defended amazingly well for 2 and half games really hid just how bad he and hodkinson are.

uvelocity

International Coach
they defended well but, and that was key. a half dozen pearce misses and its 9-0

much better game, although there should be biffo. one reason is enough: grub hodges

parker is amazing with his offloads too.

Spikey

gallen got man of the series on the basis that they had to give it to some nsw player but. right?

dermo

pearce is actually a good defender, its maloney who was the weak link.

beau scott probably shouldve been man of the series but tbh in terms of actual quality of play it was pretty poor series, no player really stood out.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would have given man of the series to Hayne. Great win last night for QLD - this series was bound to happen eventually, I mean even Cronulla won two games unexpectedly in a row.

uvelocity

International Coach
this is absolutely ****ed and i completely condone someone smacking shane ****wit hayne in the ****ing head

dermo

although the tigers lost 40-8 i didnt think we were 32 points difference bad, manly just execute so much better than any team, give them half a chance and they'll score. the team who wins the comp will have to do very well to beat manly, crazy to think they still have glenn stewart and watmough to come back