• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v World XI

Loony BoB

International Captain
Looks like the theory of playing on the wicket the day before the game didn't change anything about the fact that the side who bowls first is favoured.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
well considering this is a good pitch and extremelly fast outfield.. aswell as a small ground

the batters should /should have be able to get 270 + easy

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, kinda weird, that...

Still annoyed that there's no coverage over here. I can't believe Cricinfo isn't even covering it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
Hmm... Harvey coming in at 3...
Yes, I was surprised at that. Warne obviously showing favouritism towards his fellow Victorian. Didn't matter though, he failed as expected.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wilson not doing well on the scorecard, what does he look like on the screen?

Can't believe that they're doing a replay of the 3rd/4th Eng vs. SA test on TV when they could be showing this live!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wilson's got himself a wicket! Hick no less. He has bowled some good balls but he has let himself down with some short and wide stuff which has been punished.

As I type this McCullum takes a great catch down the leg side off Vettori.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
113/8.

Unlucky Streak, sweeping and hit the back of the bat, caught at slip. Warne to come in now, something special needed from him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne's batting has been pretty disappointing since his return, he's a pretty weak number 8 for Australia (especially as it is Australia).

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else see Shane "Batman" Bond sitting with Richard "Robin" Sherlock in the stands? :)

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wilson has been about what I expected from him. 130-137kph, not much variation but still reasonably tight.

I think Gavin Larsen was right about him perhaps being more of an opening bowler - I'd like to see if he can move the new ball through the air.

Natman20

International Debutant
Black Caps batting

The black caps should beat the world easily. I think Flemming should get the team to the target of 159 quite easily. Early wickets will fall because astle, sinclair and styris havnt been playing that well lately. Hopefully they change the batting line-up. :wacko:

Ming

State 12th Man
bryce said:
canning and adams are hardly allrounders, IMO mcmillan is more of an allrounder than both of them
Canning can be classed as an allrounder. Two first-class centuries and a sublime domestic bowling record. He will never play a Test, but he's a good ODI option during the middle stages of the innings.

Ming

State 12th Man
shaka said:
Canning said he was shocked at not being selected, when Wilson was. I dont think he has had great / exceptional scores at local level ATM
Canning has the right to be dissappointed. His statistics are great in the domestic competitions.