• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Fiery

Banned
BlackCap_Fan said:
Strange bit of facetiousness, but it doesn't matter.

Let's concentrate on the game, shall we?
OK. I was (trying to, unsuccessfully obviously) make a joke that the tail starts at Martyn when you've got Symonds, Clarke and Hussey to come after him. Oh, never mind.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
Who reckons we'll get the run rate below 5 at any stage?
Not while Symonds is in there. He has started off very well. 3 4's already. If Katich can be the anchor and let Symonds run riot, it could be a very big score.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Fiery said:
OK. I was (trying to, unsuccessfully obviously) make a joke that the tail starts at Martyn when you've got Symonds, Clarke and Hussey to come after him. Oh, never mind.
Sorry, it's a bit hard to pick up things like this on the internet 'cos of the overwhelming flow of pontoons using it.

Fiery

Banned
BlackCap_Fan said:
Sorry, it's a bit hard to pick up things like this on the internet 'cos of the overwhelming flow of pontoons using it.
Whatout wanting to sound like Ralph Wiggum, what's a pontoon?

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Fiery said:
Whatout wanting to sound like Ralph Wiggum, what's a pontoon?
Y'know those canoe-shaped things that make seaplanes able to land on water? Those are pontoons.

Now, obviously, when referring to a person, or people, as a pontoon (Pontoons for people, of course) you're basically saying that their intelligence is lower than a dead cat's.

:)

Fiery

Banned
BlackCap_Fan said:
Y'know those canoe-shaped things that make seaplanes able to land on water? Those are pontoons.

Now, obviously, when referring to a person, or people, as a pontoon (Pontoons for people, of course) you're basically saying that their intelligence is lower than a dead cat's.

:)
Ah, luckily mine's more similar to a living cats

Loony BoB

International Captain
mavric41 said:
Not while Symonds is in there. He has started off very well. 3 4's already. If Katich can be the anchor and let Symonds run riot, it could be a very big score.
Looks like you read it correctly. Not while Symonds is in there - Symonds out, run rate goes below 5... good call!

stevo22

Cricket Spectator
sportychic33 said:
NOT ME!!! We're bowling at least 1 4 ball an over. how frustrating. . let's get katich out, then we might have a chance.
Australia 117/4 (23.3 ov)
New Zealand Australia won the toss and elected to bat first

Australia RR: 4.98!

amazing after that start!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Fiery said:
NZ worked their way back into this game. I've almost forgotten about Tuffey's first over now. Almost.
For me, the key moment will be if/when Tuffey returns to the crease.