• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@ jonbrooks
Kookuburra swings early, but softens up and stops swinging after 30+ overs. Not great for reverse swing generally and not a spinners ball. Tends to soften but not scuff as easily.

Duke ball once it starts swinging tends to swing all day, unsure of spin/reverse but considering generally used in English conditions don`t think thats a factor.

SG ball (used in subcontinent) does not swing much, but is hardier and can withstand the subcontinent pitches better (Duke and Kookuburra unusable from what I understand), reverses easily.

Obviously pitch dependent. SG and Duke hand stitched, Kookuburra machine stitched I believe.

Take this from a non-expert.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Commentators rightly pointing out how suspect Bavuma looks on that drive and full outside off in general. Not tall and pushes at the ball. Southee with his height and away shape should really be the one to exploit that if he could hit the spot consistently for a few overs.

Starfighter

@ jonbrooks
Duke ball once it starts swinging tends to swing all day, unsure of spin/reverse but considering generally used in English conditions don`t think thats a factor.
On the dry wickets in the '13 Ashes the Duke starting reverse swinging quite early (around 25 or so overs) but remained hard and spun well.
The Kookaburra tends to turn into a bar of soap when it wears, while the Duke remains hard(er) even when as worn.

StephenZA

Number of short ball wickets this innings.... not great tactics from SA batsmen. Now I'm going to blame Faf for this mornings wickets.... while the first hour I could see a bit of caution, he has just not made any attempt to move the game on and putting pressure on his partners to try score runs...