• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
You mean the Faf that averaged 15 in test cricket last season and got dropped from the final home test against Eng in Jan?
I'm still more confident in Faf scoring runs against our bowling attack than Taylor against Steyn, Philander and Rabada.

Say what you like, I never feel comfortable when our batsmen are playing in decent bowling conditions against a quality attack. KW included.

Last edited:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Can you tell me more? I've been very interested in why some bowlers swing it some days and can't on other days. I had a thread about this which I might dig up later on.

Both Southee and Boult are swinging it a fair amount. Even Wagner is getting swing. Given it is a dry hot day, it's obviously not atmospheric conditions so it's gotta be the balls they're using. I also notice this is the 2nd new ball. Did the 1st new ball swing as much? I only watched the first session and the ball did swing but not as much as this one.
if i could i would be an international bowling coach :) probably has a lot of factors, most crucial probably being the bowlers technique, arm, wrist, finger, seam position.

shining the right side, hoping the side of the ball the team has chosen to shine does not take as many shots as the other side.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
if i could i would be an international bowling coach :) probably has a lot of factors, most crucial probably being the bowlers technique, arm, wrist, finger, seam position.

shining the right side, hoping the side of the ball the team has chosen to shine does not take as many shots as the other side.
I meant can you tell me more about the balls! ;-)

jonbrooks

International Debutant
What's the point of flying home for 10 days and then flying to India? Better off going to India and acclimatizing yourself. It's going to be 10 times tougher in Indian than it is in SA.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure there needs to be any noise at all to convince some 3rd umpires to overturn those decisions these days.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What's the point of flying home for 10 days and then flying to India? Better off going to India and acclimatizing yourself. It's going to be 10 times tougher in Indian than it is in SA.
Because they are human beings with family, friends etc?

Would have said India was the less difficult tour than SA from the outset as well.