• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing about opening with QDK is if he stays in for a session or two SA will makes runs quickly and put opposing team on back foot.

Last edited:

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
Missed the Steyn and Philander show last time. Was free this morning so was hoping KW would win the toss. Didn't think he would make such a coward decision.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good start, this. Could be a long day for NZ.

Also, even if he tons up, I don't think QdK should be their opener going forward. Keep him at 6/7.

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Missed the Steyn and Philander show last time. Was free this morning so was hoping KW would win the toss. Didn't think he would make such a coward decision.
Yeah doesn't seem smart at the moment. Did he give any explanation for the decision?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bracewell bowling slightly quicker here? Maybe a little more energetic through the crease than he was in Aus last summer.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah doesn't seem smart at the moment. Did he give any explanation for the decision?
The ball has swung, Boult bowled very well, and Southee bowled well towards the end of his spell (was just average early on). There's been bounce and carry, the ball is still swinging a little bit.

SA openers have played extremely well, and have had a bit of luck too.

It hasn't worked out, but they could've been 3-4 down on another day. I wouldn't say it's a horrible decision tbh.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bracewell bowling slightly quicker here? Maybe a little more energetic through the crease than he was in Aus last summer.
Definitely coming off the pitch much nicer.

It's the best I've seen him bowl in about 5 years. Which isn't saying very much at all and especially when he has no wickets and is pretty expensive. Still, it's a little encouraging.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kiwis in big trouble here.

Think the decision to bowl first suits their team selection but it counts for nowt if you don't take wickets

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Southee was also moving around the crease way too much in those first few overs.

Wagner bowling well. Not much luck NZ, lol that would have been out.

vandem

International 12th Man
Heh! That was hitting apparently. Thought it was high myself.
Wasn't that short. Cook playing deep in his crease. Ball seemed to scuttle through, in real time to me it looked like it was hitting high up mid / leg, but looked like it pitched just outside leg.

Been a frustrating morning for the Kiwis, some thick edges but no luck.

Would be interesting to hear the real reason Kane bowled, suspect it was 50% giving seamers 1st chance and 50% hiding the opening bats.

Last edited: