• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprising decision... feels slightly defensive. Track dry out and turn at leas day 4/5.

Agree and I think 'defensive' is a fair enough word, even though the NZ camp would probably claim they took the most attacking option in bowling... I'm with you.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
so is there anyone who thinks QDK should open on a permanent basis, and if you do, what do you do with Elgar?
Reckon QdK is an amazing talent, I'd want him at 3 or 4 in the long term if there's a decent wicketkeeper in the side. Maybe opening but at 3 or 4 you could build a team around him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
i think Tim needs more protection on the leg side. He's getting worked whenever he bowls straight, but he needs to make them play.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Southee to de Kock, no run, good length, outside off, no shot needed or offered or even thought about. Yes, I can read minds
Boult to de Kock, no run, pretty delivery - in with the angle and leaping away off the seam - de Kock goes full celibate
this guy gets paid to do this and howe doesn't

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should have just opened with Duminy since he clearly can't do anything else worth for ****.

Shady Slim

International Coach
realistically what does that actually mean

like if the length he naturally bowls is correct you'd assume if he ever bowls the wrong length that's him deliberately bowling a six hittable length, because it's the natural thing for him to bowl the "right" length

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's commentator speak for 'I don't really know much about this bowler and he doesn't do anything particularly special but I must say something'.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If you're playing Van Zyl in the middle order, then you could have just dropped Duminy instead of Elgar. SA need the Elgar-Cook combo to work and it's inexplicable why they have dropped him unless Duminy has to play for 'other reasons'

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
If you're playing Van Zyl in the middle order, then you could have just dropped Duminy instead of Elgar. SA need the Elgar-Cook combo to work and it's inexplicable why they have dropped him unless Duminy has to play for 'other reasons'
Elgar's injured - did his left ankle. Not dropped.