• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No talk of that at the time, but yeah you're right to read something more into Taylor's expression there, imo.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Some musings

1. Fantastic to see test cricket back on TV after a dire few months for the cricketing purist

2. What is that yellow thing in the middle they are playing on?

3. Strange how as attendances have gone down in the West Indies, their stadiums have got bigger

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Dire commentary tbh.

They're looking for scoring opportunities, but Benn and Shillingford are bowling negative lines. Even then he just hit 2 sixes and they're still complaining.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Dire commentary tbh.

They're looking for scoring opportunities, but Benn and Shillingford are bowling negative lines. Even then he just hit 2 sixes and they're still complaining.
It's been slow work to be honest.. Remember everything needs to be an 'advert' for test cricket these days.. If they can declare on 500 and have a few overs at WI tonight, the end justifies the means.

In terms of the commentary, it's pretty slow going from the WI commentary team too.. Doesn't really inspire, and Cozier seems to spend nearly all the stint harking back to the time when the West Indies were good. I never thought I'd say Danny Morrison would be the best in a team, but he has mellowed out nicely after the IPL.

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Well done Neesham. Get yourself another ton, my son.

Watling and Neesham carrying on from where they left off against India.

Edit: 100 run partnership.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's been slow work to be honest.. Remember everything needs to be an 'advert' for test cricket these days.. If they can declare on 500 and have a few overs at WI tonight, the end justifies the means
yeah.

To be honest, it's a slow, low wicket. The run rate is totally justified. This pitch is going to deteriorate and second inning runs will be hard to come by.

If West Indies want to take control of the match it's up to them to bowl an attacking line and take wickets. I'm glad we're not just throwing our wickets away to negative bowling.