• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

viriya

International Captain
Surprised by McCullum.. if WI bat around Chanderpaul chasing 400 isn't out of the equation. I think a draw is the unlikeliest outcome now though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From Cricinfo ....................Bharath Seervi: "Mark Craig becomes the first player to hit his first ball in Test Cricket for a SIX!"

Will be a classic pub-quiz question in NZ for years to come.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ugh, pretty typical second innings nose bleed. But judging by the declaration I guess we got what wanted, just did it extremely ugly,

Anyone, apart from Hanse, lost a test after declaring twice ?

Edit: comms just mentioned happened to Sobers.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
WI should go for a 4 runs/over rate.. they are never going to survive 130 overs with this line up so their best chance is to hope that one of Gayle/Samuels comes off and hits a quick 100 with Chanderpaul/Bravo holding the other end.

Zinzan

To pay him the highest compliment, there's shades of McGrath in the way Southee's bowling of late.

Flem274*

123/5
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the top speed Southee can get to? 145kph?
if he didn't care for accuracy, maybe. usually tops out in the low 140s if he's feeling frisky.

it's his height more than his pace that does the trick, along with the swing and the old ball skills.

Zinzan

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the top speed Southee can get to? 145kph?
Possibly at his quickest. I recall him hitting the 143-144 mark before. That said, he does most of his damage in Test cricket operating in the 132-137km range.

viriya

International Captain
I'm surprised that his econ in ODIs is a relatively high 5.20 if he's more in the McGrath mold.. is it because he hasn't figured out death bowling? He definitely gets taken apart in T20s..

Howe_zat

Audio File
From Cricinfo ....................Bharath Seervi: "Mark Craig becomes the first player to hit his first ball in Test Cricket for a SIX!"

Will be a classic pub-quiz question in NZ for years to come.
Is there a bowler whose first delivery in Tests was hit for six?