• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in the West Indies 2014

WindieWeathers

International Regular
No, but one dominant day when you expected to get rolled for 200 is huge. Ohh and Howsies predictions on the WI bowling came true.

Even if we draw thats still an accomplishment for the first test on foreign soil
LOL not even bangladesh would have been rolled over for 200 on this track...i'd also like to reminds my kiwi friends that in the first test of the last series in 2012 NZ got around 350 in their first innings aswell...we then got 500. That's why i think the celebrations are a little premature.

As for Howsie..we'll see if his "prediction" comes to pass in the end.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
No, but one dominant day when you expected to get rolled for 200 is huge. Ohh and Howsies predictions on the WI bowling came true.

Even if we draw thats still an accomplishment for the first test on foreign soil
Exactly - I'm not sure where WW is getting this 'popping the champers' idea.

I think it was his champaign he was thinking of popping expecting the Windies to roll NZ in a day!

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
LOL not even bangladesh would have been rolled over for 200 on this track...i'd also like to reminds my kiwi friends that in the first test of the last series in 2012 NZ got around 350 in their first innings aswell...we then got 500. That's why i think the celebrations are a little premature.

We got rolled by 60 by Herath on a pitch that assisted the spinners less than this. Admittedly it was a T20 but i would not have been surprised to wake up with us all out. If you guys do go and get 500, then i'm sure most NZ would be content with a draw.

Flem274*

123/5

we're not your friends, and we're not celebrating.

write this down in your diary. this is not a flag waving competition. i do not need to defend the honor of my country on the internet.

nz won this day and have a position of strength in the test match. that's all that has been said. jerome taylor is more than capable of raining on the parade. stop posting so ****ing hyper defensively for ****s sake.

i ****ing hate it when tour threads get like this. i come here to make stupid and inane observations about irrelevant things at the cricket game and on commentary in between pretending i know something about cricket, not read several hundred posts of bleating hyper-nationalism.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Noone is saying that one dominant day wins a test. Just that one dominant day is better than one poor day. I.e. it's better to be in NZ's position right now than the Windies'.

FFS, we're allowed to enjoy the fact that NZ played well today.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Against Chris Martin, Doug Bracewell, Neil Wagner and Dan Vettori. Yeah that's real relevant two years on.

I'd dare say, just looking at the history of this ground, if New Zealand go 350+ (which is looking realy good right now) we are right in the box seat.
Erm i suggest you check the game again..because at Sabina you had Boult AND Southee.

Furthermore this isn't the same Sabina pitch we've seen over the years...this is a new surface and it's as flat as i've ever known it...but if you want to think otherwise then good luck.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Erm i suggest you check the game again..because at Sabina you had Boult AND Southee.

Furthermore this isn't the same Sabina pitch we've seen over the years...this is a new surface and it's as flat as i've ever known it...but if you want to think otherwise then good luck.
So if its a completely new surface then why does anything that happened two years ago have any relevance to anything?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
we're not your friends, and we're not celebrating.

write this down in your diary. this is not a flag waving competition. i do not need to defend the honor of my country on the internet.

nz won this day and have a position of strength in the test match. that's all that has been said. jerome taylor is more than capable of raining on the parade. stop posting so ****ing hyper defensively for ****s sake.

i ****ing hate it when tour threads get like this. i come here to make stupid and inane observations about irrelevant things at the cricket game and on commentary in between pretending i know something about cricket, not read several hundred posts of bleating hyper-nationalism.
"Nationalism"? for telling people that it's only ONE DAYS PLAY and they shouldn't get too carried away? :blink: you've got people talking about "we are only one world class player away from this and that"...i know it's your team...so perhaps realism isn't what you want to hear but i'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else. All i've stated are the FACTS...and reminded people what happened the last time these two sides met in the caribbean. It's up to you and others if you want to take it on board or ignore it....but i won't be biting my tongue for anyone, sorry.

In closing i haven't "defended" my team..infact i've done nothing but slag off the attack and also the board for what they've done to Narine..while also saying how pathetic the team played collectively...so no "flag waving" here Flem...not in the slightest.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So if its a completely new surface then why does anything that happened two years ago have any relevance to anything?
It's not wise to count chickens too early...that's why it's relevent because from what i remember the same kind of talk was evident during that test aswell.

Flem274*

123/5
"Nationalism"? for telling people that it's only ONE DAYS PLAY and they shouldn't get too carried away? :blink: you've got people talking about "we are only one world class player away from this and that"...i know it's your team...so perhaps realism isn't what you want to hear but i'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else. All i've stated are the FACTS...and reminded people what happened the last time these two sides met in the caribbean. It's up to you and others if you want to take it on board or ignore it....but i won't be biting my tongue for anyone, sorry.

In closing i haven't "defended" my team..infact i've done nothing but slag off the attack and also the board for what they've done to Narine..while also saying how pathetic the team played collectively...so no "flag waving" here Flem...not in the slightest.
you've stated piss.no one here believes the test is won. far ****ing from it. i'm mentally preparing myself to wake up at 3am and potentially watch 250 all out. it's all in your head.

your constant reminding of the past series isn't to cool anyones jets, it's you desperately trying to save face because you know you've been running your mouth.

no one is judging the country(s) of whoever loses this series. someone has to win. everyone in this thread, west indian or kiwi, can deal with it except you.

Flem274*

123/5
It's not wise to count chickens too early...that's why it's relevent because from what i remember the same kind of talk was evident during that test aswell.
i have three ****ing chicken drumsticks in my oven right now. there will still be three chicken drumsticks when i go to eat them.

what is your point?

Howsie

International Captain
And made excuses, don't forget the excuses.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
"Counting your chickens before they've hatched" - a saying which refers to taking for granted things which haven't happened yet. Commenting on the days play saying NZ played well and are in a good position is commenting on something that has already happened. It would be advisable to learn to distinguish between the two.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

Guess what? Everyone knows there has only been one ****ing day of play. Kiwi posters have even mentioned that. Why don't you try posting more like Beamer or kyear and less like Jingoistic Jermaine?

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
you've stated piss.no one here believes the test is won. far ****ing from it. i'm mentally preparing myself to wake up at 3am and potentially watch 250 all out. it's all in your head.

your constant reminding of the past series isn't to cool anyones jets, it's you desperately trying to save face because you know you've been running your mouth.

no one is judging the country(s) of whoever loses this series. someone has to win. everyone in this thread, west indian or kiwi, can deal with it except you.
You're the only one who is hung up on "nationalism"...i focus on the CRICKET and what i see...but it seems like if i don't join in on the tango some of you are having that means i'm "flag waving" (smh)...i just think that's such a feeble jab to throw imo. At the end of the day we're hear to have a debate...i'm not happy with the constant 3rd umpire decisions going against us and also the board for leaving our biggest weapon on the sidelines...perhaps that bitterness has come out in my posts so pardon me for that, but my notion remains the same...the first day was NZ's but the game isn't over yet.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kiwis...i'd be careful about the ott celebrations tbh. This is afterall only the first day and if you lose three quick wickets tomorrow the picture then changes...the first day for us couldn't have gone any worse, so i'm expecting better things on the second day.
Agree, we wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves for the risk of looking foolish would we now.

What's evident though is they rushed Roach back far too soon and Shilly just doesn't have anything with this new "action"...we still have to bat of course but the way the track is looking i'm thinking a draw is on unless the track really turns a lot on days 4 and 5.
You mean those two players you've been raving about for the last couple of years? Why do I get the feeling that if Narine had played and there was a similar end of day result, you'd be saying Narine was rushed back from the IPL too early and Shillingford should have played.