• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Munaf Patel has the ability to be a decent bowler actually. It's just that he loses it when things are not going for him. Can't believe Sreesanth is playing ODI's.. As well as he bowled in test matches he's just not good enough on these flat 300+ wickets. Leaks a lot of runs. Yusuf Pathan needs to put in some good performances in this series. Hopefully they let him bat a little higher up the order this time.

Howsie

International Captain
Haha, what a terrible shot. McKay's been rubbish today but no doubt he'll finish with his usual 2/40 odd figures.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh.. Gambhir you do not throw away starts like that with the competition for batting slots in the Indian ODI team...

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
You're probably pretty safe... he'd have to perform very well in this series to break into the World Cup 15. Either that or Guptill fails and Ryder and McCullum continue to injure themselves...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is it the 2nd XI though? Only half the team is really out.

My point being New Zealand never really look the stronger team on paper, instead winning against teams that look a fair bit better. It'd be strange to see a NZ ODI team in one of it's lowest phases look as strong on paper as an Indian ODI lineup right now.
No second XI is actually all 11 players missing. That'd be far too drastic.

But Sachin, Sehwag, Dhoni, Harbhajan and Zaheer out of this ODI team is a massive loss. Two of those players are genuinely great ODI players.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Bit pedantic, I know what Athai's trying to say
I'm not being pedantic, I'm asking why is it a surprise that a NZ first XI would be better than an Indian XI with five of its best XI missing?

I find it odd to even mention it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NZ's best XI would look better on paper than either of India, SL, Pakistan, South Africa and West Indies if you took 4 of their best XI out. Every day.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because we never have a better looking lineup than another team... particular now that we're right at the bottom of the ODI rankings...
How can that be? Weren't NZ up at No. 2 or something a short while back? Surely they've still got to be above Pak and WI..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NZ's best XI would look better on paper than either of India, SL, Pakistan, South Africa and West Indies if you took 4 of their best XI out. Every day.
Do not agree. It'd have to work on the logic of over-rated ODI players like Ryder being better than Raina, Kohli etc - which they aren't.